Defiant in Love: Selena Gomez Changes Phone Numbers to Avoid Parent's Advice Against Reuniting with Justin Bieber
By nidhi tewari | March 11, 2014 7:05 PM EST
Selena Gomez is back with troubled star Justin Bieber since last weekend but her parents are completely against this decision of hers, various media sites are reporting. Selena's mother Mandy and stepdad Brian are "vehemently" opposed to their daughter's decision to spend time with 20-year-old Bieber since they are "convinced" that the "Believe" singer is responsible for all the troubles Selena has been through lately, including her hush hush stint in rehab in January, Radar Online is reporting, citing a source close to Selena.
Singer Selena Gomez arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
"It's definitely against her parents' wishes," a source close the Texan beauty told Radar adding that her parents do not have any control over her since she is the highest earning member of the family.
"She's pulling the, 'Who makes the money around here?' card! It's a sh*t show behind-the-scenes," added the source, the Web site says.
The Web site also reports that Selena has been taking various drugs including marijuana and Xanax and Ambien in the company of Justin Bieber who has also been into drugs. Selena was introduced to drugs in Justin's company since all his friends do drugs. It could also be possible that Selena had to spend her time in rehab because of her drug problem.
"Her friends and family became increasingly worried that there might be a serious problem with Selena," said one source adding that Selena also partied hard in Justin's company. Her parents want to help her get out of addiction and even encouraged to send her to rehab and seek professional help. She came back clean after her stint in the Dawn at The Meadows recovery facility in Wickenburg, Arizona on January 5.
The rehab centre has expertise in dealing with adults who are facing trouble with emotional trauma, addiction or dual diagnosis concerns, the Web site reports. However, Selena did not continue there for long time and was out of it soon. She was also spotted getting drunk recently at the Vanity Fair Oscar party with one of her best pals.
Justin then praised Selena on his Instagram account by posting her pictures and called her the "most elegant princess" and wooed her back. Jelena then were spotted dining in at Don Pepe's Restaurant in McAllen, where the restaurant manager Lori Johnson told the Web site that the two were showing off major public display of affection.
"They were sitting next to each other hugging and kissing in front of the staff. They weren't hiding it and seemed to be boyfriend and girlfriend," the manager told the Web site.
The Web site also reveals that Selena keeps changing her phone number to rebel against her parents and avoid talking to them about Bieber, whom they dislike very much. However, Selena is hell bent to reunite with Bieber and rekindle her romance with him. Maybe the two are meant for each other. What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List