'How I Met Your Mother' Season 9 Spoilers: Does Robin End up with Ted after Mother Dies?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 11, 2014 7:05 PM EST
Until Cristin Milioti’s character was introduced, “How I Met Your Mother” fans had always hoped Ted would get together with Robin. And this theory has once again gained momentum after Monday’s episode, where Robin’s mother tells her to be with someone she can depend on.
How I Met Your Mother
In the episode Robin and her mother get talking about Barney, and Robin’s mother finds that Barney has a lot of similarities with Robin’s dad. This worries Robin as her parents did not have a happy marriage, and she does not want history repeating itself.
But when Robin’s mother finally meets Barney, he hugs her, causing Robin’s mother to declare: “Oh, he’s a hugger. Nothing like your father.”
Later on they get talking about marriage in general and Robin’s mother tells her that the most important thing is to find someone who you can really depend on.
“Do you have someone like that?” Robin’s mother asks. “I do,” Robin says, after a short pause.
Was Robin talking about Barney or was it Ted? HIMYM fans have taken to Twitter with the hope that Robin would end up with Ted.
Why do I get the feeling Robin was talking about Ted and not Barney?
— Kyle Bryans (@BestKyleNA) March 11, 2014
I'm still holding out for Ted and Robin. I KNOW they've introduced the "mom", but there are still 2 episodes left... #HIMYM — Gabriel Donndelinger (@doppleganger25) March 11, 2014
I'm calling it, Ted and Robin are still going to end up together. #HIMYM
— Mike Barnes (@kiksfomikee) March 11, 2014
If speculations of Ted ending up with Robin turn out to be true, then TV Fanatic reported that it might happen sometime after 2022. This means that Robin and Barney would have broken up sometime after 2016 and theories of the mother dying would also be accurate.
Also, Ted’s children look more bored and annoyed than sad and forlorn as they listen to their dad recounting how he met their mother. This is yet another indication that Robin would have stepped into their mother’s shoes after their mother’s passing, according to TV Fanatic.
But Milioti disagrees that a tragic end is in store for HIMYM. "That's insane," Milioti told The Hollywood Reporter. "There are some crazy conspiracy theories, which really makes me love the fans more... That is so crazy."
She called the finale “beautiful” and noted that the creators of HIMYM “had this vision for nine years, and it's in great hands. They know exactly what they want to do."
The final episode of "How I Met Your Mother" will be airied on 31 March on CBS.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments