'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley Talks About Her ‘Crazy Chemistry’ with Theo James: Who Needs Jaime Dornan? [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 11, 2014 6:59 PM EST
"Divergent" star Shailene Woodley could have been the next Anastacia Steele for E.L. James erotic book adaptation "Fifty Shades of Grey" but the rising star turned down the role. Now busy promoting her upcoming movie, Woodley talks about her "crazy chemistry" with sexy co-star Theo James.
Cast member Shailene Woodley of the new film "Divergent" poses at the 51st annual Publicists Guild Awards in Beverly Hills, California February 28, 2014.
With someone like Theo James on your side, who needs Jaime Dornan? The star admitted that she turned down the role to play, Anastasia Steele the naive virgin.
"It actually is true. I didn't want to audition for it," says Woodley in an interview with Entertainment Wise.
The 22-year-old star revealed that she didn't audition for the role because of creative reasons as she will be jumping from one franchise to another. "It's because I had already done Divergent and I knew there was no way I wanted to do multiple franchises at the same time, because that's crazy, so I didn't see the point in it," says Woodley.
She also can't help about gushing for co-star Theo James and their "crazy chemistry" and revealed that he is perfect for his role. "We auditioned a lot of guys, and a lot of these actors were playing male, masculine leaders. Even if they were good, they were still acting it. Theo walked in and just demanded it with his presence," Woodley gushes on Theo James.
"Theo is smart as a whip - he majored in philosophy and traveled the world before he even became an actor - so he's had a full life before the industry, and he didn't feel like he had to prove his masculinity," added Woodley.
Woodley and James are playing rebel lovers in "Divergent" and their onscreen chemistry is undeniable. The film is based on Veronica Roth's hit novel, and the two stars hit it off the moment they were signed up for their roles and said that they have so much respect for each other.
Both Woodley and James are not for the glamour and toys of Hollywood and with their good relationship the two will go far as they enter that crazy world of show business.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft