'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley Talks About Her ‘Crazy Chemistry’ with Theo James: Who Needs Jaime Dornan? [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 11, 2014 6:59 PM EST
"Divergent" star Shailene Woodley could have been the next Anastacia Steele for E.L. James erotic book adaptation "Fifty Shades of Grey" but the rising star turned down the role. Now busy promoting her upcoming movie, Woodley talks about her "crazy chemistry" with sexy co-star Theo James.
Cast member Shailene Woodley of the new film "Divergent" poses at the 51st annual Publicists Guild Awards in Beverly Hills, California February 28, 2014.
With someone like Theo James on your side, who needs Jaime Dornan? The star admitted that she turned down the role to play, Anastasia Steele the naive virgin.
"It actually is true. I didn't want to audition for it," says Woodley in an interview with Entertainment Wise.
The 22-year-old star revealed that she didn't audition for the role because of creative reasons as she will be jumping from one franchise to another. "It's because I had already done Divergent and I knew there was no way I wanted to do multiple franchises at the same time, because that's crazy, so I didn't see the point in it," says Woodley.
She also can't help about gushing for co-star Theo James and their "crazy chemistry" and revealed that he is perfect for his role. "We auditioned a lot of guys, and a lot of these actors were playing male, masculine leaders. Even if they were good, they were still acting it. Theo walked in and just demanded it with his presence," Woodley gushes on Theo James.
"Theo is smart as a whip - he majored in philosophy and traveled the world before he even became an actor - so he's had a full life before the industry, and he didn't feel like he had to prove his masculinity," added Woodley.
Woodley and James are playing rebel lovers in "Divergent" and their onscreen chemistry is undeniable. The film is based on Veronica Roth's hit novel, and the two stars hit it off the moment they were signed up for their roles and said that they have so much respect for each other.
Both Woodley and James are not for the glamour and toys of Hollywood and with their good relationship the two will go far as they enter that crazy world of show business.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Winds of Winter’ Fans' Speculation: Cersei Lannister As Regent
- Top 5 Best-Selling Young Adult Fiction Books For The Week Of Sept. 21, 2014 Including 'If I Stay' By Gayle Forman And ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ By John Green
- Pre-Order Booking Of ‘The Walking Dead’ Star Norman Reedus’ New Book ‘Thanks For All The Niceness’ Is On
- Next ‘Game of Thrones’ Book Releasing Soon
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Tyrion Lannister, Jorah Mormont & Arya Stark In Braavos
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone