'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley Talks About Her ‘Crazy Chemistry’ with Theo James: Who Needs Jaime Dornan? [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 11, 2014 6:59 PM EST
"Divergent" star Shailene Woodley could have been the next Anastacia Steele for E.L. James erotic book adaptation "Fifty Shades of Grey" but the rising star turned down the role. Now busy promoting her upcoming movie, Woodley talks about her "crazy chemistry" with sexy co-star Theo James.
Cast member Shailene Woodley of the new film "Divergent" poses at the 51st annual Publicists Guild Awards in Beverly Hills, California February 28, 2014.
With someone like Theo James on your side, who needs Jaime Dornan? The star admitted that she turned down the role to play, Anastasia Steele the naive virgin.
"It actually is true. I didn't want to audition for it," says Woodley in an interview with Entertainment Wise.
The 22-year-old star revealed that she didn't audition for the role because of creative reasons as she will be jumping from one franchise to another. "It's because I had already done Divergent and I knew there was no way I wanted to do multiple franchises at the same time, because that's crazy, so I didn't see the point in it," says Woodley.
She also can't help about gushing for co-star Theo James and their "crazy chemistry" and revealed that he is perfect for his role. "We auditioned a lot of guys, and a lot of these actors were playing male, masculine leaders. Even if they were good, they were still acting it. Theo walked in and just demanded it with his presence," Woodley gushes on Theo James.
"Theo is smart as a whip - he majored in philosophy and traveled the world before he even became an actor - so he's had a full life before the industry, and he didn't feel like he had to prove his masculinity," added Woodley.
Woodley and James are playing rebel lovers in "Divergent" and their onscreen chemistry is undeniable. The film is based on Veronica Roth's hit novel, and the two stars hit it off the moment they were signed up for their roles and said that they have so much respect for each other.
Both Woodley and James are not for the glamour and toys of Hollywood and with their good relationship the two will go far as they enter that crazy world of show business.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate