‘Orange is the New Black’ Season 2: A Round-Up of What to Expect in New Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 11, 2014 6:57 PM EST
Netflix's original drama-comedy, "Orange is the New Black," is scheduled to return for the new season on June 06, 2014. The cast of this hit series have claimed that the new season is going to be richer, compelling, amazing and each episode will be like Christmas.
Here is a Round-Up of what is likely to happen in the upcoming season:
As previously reported, "Orange is the New Black" is no longer 'only' about Piper Chapman. All the colourful characters will get equal focus in the upcoming season, as the story is becoming more of an ensemble, according to Jenji Kohan, creator of "Orange is the New Black." Fans can expect to see interesting back-stories of these characters.
Daniel Brooks has confirmed to E! Online that in the new season, viewers will get to see more of her character, Taystee. In the same interview, Samira Wiley, who plays Poussey, said, "We will see Poussey's back story so I hope people are excited about that. We will see a lot more of her in prison."
The focus on all the characters means more wild fun is in store for the fans. Taryn Manning, who plays Pennsatucky, said to Access Hollywood: "The show just continues to get wild and the writing is supreme."
Taryn said that there are "surprises in store," adding "you just get to peek in a little bit more into the characters and you really start to get to know other characters that maybe you didn't get to know in Season 1."
Larry Bloom, the fiancé of Piper, is set to become a "little greedy" and a "little questionable," according to Jason Briggs. Larry is turning selfish, as he realises that more than being loyal to Chapman, he needs to take care of himself. Briggs said to E! Online that ultimately, Larry will be "taking advantage of Piper and the situation she's in ..."
Alex Vause is not returning as a regular in Season 2. However, Kohan had said that she will be there in most of the upcoming season. Perhaps to fill-up the absence of Laura Prepon, Lori Petty has been roped-in to star in the second season. Lori's role and her character's name have not been revealed, yet.
It looks like "Orange is the New Black" Season 2 is going to be a much bigger hit than Season 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal