‘Orange is the New Black’ Season 2: A Round-Up of What to Expect in New Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 11, 2014 6:57 PM EST
Netflix's original drama-comedy, "Orange is the New Black," is scheduled to return for the new season on June 06, 2014. The cast of this hit series have claimed that the new season is going to be richer, compelling, amazing and each episode will be like Christmas.
Here is a Round-Up of what is likely to happen in the upcoming season:
As previously reported, "Orange is the New Black" is no longer 'only' about Piper Chapman. All the colourful characters will get equal focus in the upcoming season, as the story is becoming more of an ensemble, according to Jenji Kohan, creator of "Orange is the New Black." Fans can expect to see interesting back-stories of these characters.
Daniel Brooks has confirmed to E! Online that in the new season, viewers will get to see more of her character, Taystee. In the same interview, Samira Wiley, who plays Poussey, said, "We will see Poussey's back story so I hope people are excited about that. We will see a lot more of her in prison."
The focus on all the characters means more wild fun is in store for the fans. Taryn Manning, who plays Pennsatucky, said to Access Hollywood: "The show just continues to get wild and the writing is supreme."
Taryn said that there are "surprises in store," adding "you just get to peek in a little bit more into the characters and you really start to get to know other characters that maybe you didn't get to know in Season 1."
Larry Bloom, the fiancé of Piper, is set to become a "little greedy" and a "little questionable," according to Jason Briggs. Larry is turning selfish, as he realises that more than being loyal to Chapman, he needs to take care of himself. Briggs said to E! Online that ultimately, Larry will be "taking advantage of Piper and the situation she's in ..."
Alex Vause is not returning as a regular in Season 2. However, Kohan had said that she will be there in most of the upcoming season. Perhaps to fill-up the absence of Laura Prepon, Lori Petty has been roped-in to star in the second season. Lori's role and her character's name have not been revealed, yet.
It looks like "Orange is the New Black" Season 2 is going to be a much bigger hit than Season 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown