Oscar Pistorious Pukes While Pathologist Reads Grisly Autopsy Details of Reeva Steenkamp’s Death
By charmaine corne clutton | March 11, 2014 6:01 PM EST
The Paralympic Olympian Oscar Pistorius attended the media-frenzied criminal trial of his deceased girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp which he is currently incriminated in. According to NY Daily News, the South African Olympian was seen sobbing, gagging and throwing up as pathologist Gert Saayman revealed the macabre details of the postmortem done on aspiring model Reeva Steenkamp.
Oscar Pistorius and Reeva SteenkampImage Credit: Reuters
Oscar Pistorius made headlines for a negative reason-in 2013, the double amputee shot his girlfriend four times, ending her life instantly because he thought she was an intruder in his bathroom.
The judge had to halt the questioning three times as Pistorius' sobbing and crying were getting quite distracting. At one point, authorities placed a bucket near the athlete for him to puke as the pathologist rambled on the gruesome details of the postmortem results.
The highly publicized criminal trial was, however, given a break by South African authorities as the judge ordered no live broadcast of the trial-as well as any form of publicizing of the event.
Dubbed as the "Blade Runner" due to his prosthetic limbs of the same design, Oscar Pistorius started crying and sobbing since the trial started.
"She could not have breathed more than a few times after she was shot... She would have been immediately incapable of voluntary actions, immediately unconscious, although death may have taken a few minutes." Saayman revealed in the postmortem explanation.
According to the pathologist, the first shot pierced through Steenkamp's skill from the top and disintegrated, sending one chunk out through her forehead before exiting into her brain.
Another shocking news that rocked that trial is the fact that Pistorius used Black Talon bullets, a type of of gun bullet that opens up upon impact "like the petals of a flower" to cause maximum and lethal tissue damage. Black Talon bullets have long been banned in South Africa.
Pathologist Saayman casts shadows of doubt on the Olympian's claims that he and the model were in bed by 10 p.m. on the eve of Valentines day in 2013, as reports of the deceased woman's belly point show that she had ingested a meal two hours or less before her death at 1 a.m. on Feb. 14.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares