Oscar Pistorious Pukes While Pathologist Reads Grisly Autopsy Details of Reeva Steenkamp’s Death
By charmaine corne clutton | March 11, 2014 6:01 PM EST
The Paralympic Olympian Oscar Pistorius attended the media-frenzied criminal trial of his deceased girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp which he is currently incriminated in. According to NY Daily News, the South African Olympian was seen sobbing, gagging and throwing up as pathologist Gert Saayman revealed the macabre details of the postmortem done on aspiring model Reeva Steenkamp.
Oscar Pistorius and Reeva SteenkampImage Credit: Reuters
Oscar Pistorius made headlines for a negative reason-in 2013, the double amputee shot his girlfriend four times, ending her life instantly because he thought she was an intruder in his bathroom.
The judge had to halt the questioning three times as Pistorius' sobbing and crying were getting quite distracting. At one point, authorities placed a bucket near the athlete for him to puke as the pathologist rambled on the gruesome details of the postmortem results.
The highly publicized criminal trial was, however, given a break by South African authorities as the judge ordered no live broadcast of the trial-as well as any form of publicizing of the event.
Dubbed as the "Blade Runner" due to his prosthetic limbs of the same design, Oscar Pistorius started crying and sobbing since the trial started.
"She could not have breathed more than a few times after she was shot... She would have been immediately incapable of voluntary actions, immediately unconscious, although death may have taken a few minutes." Saayman revealed in the postmortem explanation.
According to the pathologist, the first shot pierced through Steenkamp's skill from the top and disintegrated, sending one chunk out through her forehead before exiting into her brain.
Another shocking news that rocked that trial is the fact that Pistorius used Black Talon bullets, a type of of gun bullet that opens up upon impact "like the petals of a flower" to cause maximum and lethal tissue damage. Black Talon bullets have long been banned in South Africa.
Pathologist Saayman casts shadows of doubt on the Olympian's claims that he and the model were in bed by 10 p.m. on the eve of Valentines day in 2013, as reports of the deceased woman's belly point show that she had ingested a meal two hours or less before her death at 1 a.m. on Feb. 14.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy