Oscar Pistorious Pukes While Pathologist Reads Grisly Autopsy Details of Reeva Steenkamp’s Death
By charmaine corne clutton | March 11, 2014 6:01 PM EST
The Paralympic Olympian Oscar Pistorius attended the media-frenzied criminal trial of his deceased girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp which he is currently incriminated in. According to NY Daily News, the South African Olympian was seen sobbing, gagging and throwing up as pathologist Gert Saayman revealed the macabre details of the postmortem done on aspiring model Reeva Steenkamp.
Oscar Pistorius and Reeva SteenkampImage Credit: Reuters
Oscar Pistorius made headlines for a negative reason-in 2013, the double amputee shot his girlfriend four times, ending her life instantly because he thought she was an intruder in his bathroom.
The judge had to halt the questioning three times as Pistorius' sobbing and crying were getting quite distracting. At one point, authorities placed a bucket near the athlete for him to puke as the pathologist rambled on the gruesome details of the postmortem results.
The highly publicized criminal trial was, however, given a break by South African authorities as the judge ordered no live broadcast of the trial-as well as any form of publicizing of the event.
Dubbed as the "Blade Runner" due to his prosthetic limbs of the same design, Oscar Pistorius started crying and sobbing since the trial started.
"She could not have breathed more than a few times after she was shot... She would have been immediately incapable of voluntary actions, immediately unconscious, although death may have taken a few minutes." Saayman revealed in the postmortem explanation.
According to the pathologist, the first shot pierced through Steenkamp's skill from the top and disintegrated, sending one chunk out through her forehead before exiting into her brain.
Another shocking news that rocked that trial is the fact that Pistorius used Black Talon bullets, a type of of gun bullet that opens up upon impact "like the petals of a flower" to cause maximum and lethal tissue damage. Black Talon bullets have long been banned in South Africa.
Pathologist Saayman casts shadows of doubt on the Olympian's claims that he and the model were in bed by 10 p.m. on the eve of Valentines day in 2013, as reports of the deceased woman's belly point show that she had ingested a meal two hours or less before her death at 1 a.m. on Feb. 14.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand