Oscar Pistorious Pukes While Pathologist Reads Grisly Autopsy Details of Reeva Steenkamp’s Death
By charmaine corne clutton | March 11, 2014 6:01 PM EST
The Paralympic Olympian Oscar Pistorius attended the media-frenzied criminal trial of his deceased girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp which he is currently incriminated in. According to NY Daily News, the South African Olympian was seen sobbing, gagging and throwing up as pathologist Gert Saayman revealed the macabre details of the postmortem done on aspiring model Reeva Steenkamp.
Oscar Pistorius and Reeva SteenkampImage Credit: Reuters
Oscar Pistorius made headlines for a negative reason-in 2013, the double amputee shot his girlfriend four times, ending her life instantly because he thought she was an intruder in his bathroom.
The judge had to halt the questioning three times as Pistorius' sobbing and crying were getting quite distracting. At one point, authorities placed a bucket near the athlete for him to puke as the pathologist rambled on the gruesome details of the postmortem results.
The highly publicized criminal trial was, however, given a break by South African authorities as the judge ordered no live broadcast of the trial-as well as any form of publicizing of the event.
Dubbed as the "Blade Runner" due to his prosthetic limbs of the same design, Oscar Pistorius started crying and sobbing since the trial started.
"She could not have breathed more than a few times after she was shot... She would have been immediately incapable of voluntary actions, immediately unconscious, although death may have taken a few minutes." Saayman revealed in the postmortem explanation.
According to the pathologist, the first shot pierced through Steenkamp's skill from the top and disintegrated, sending one chunk out through her forehead before exiting into her brain.
Another shocking news that rocked that trial is the fact that Pistorius used Black Talon bullets, a type of of gun bullet that opens up upon impact "like the petals of a flower" to cause maximum and lethal tissue damage. Black Talon bullets have long been banned in South Africa.
Pathologist Saayman casts shadows of doubt on the Olympian's claims that he and the model were in bed by 10 p.m. on the eve of Valentines day in 2013, as reports of the deceased woman's belly point show that she had ingested a meal two hours or less before her death at 1 a.m. on Feb. 14.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet