'The Bachelor' Season 18 Finale: Juan Pablo Galavis Picks Nikki Ferrell; Was It Most Awkward Final Rose Episode?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 11, 2014 5:36 PM EST
One of the most controversial seasons of “The Bachelor” came to an end on Monday with Juan Pablo Galavis giving the final rose to Nikki Ferrell.
But unlike the previous seasons, a proposal wasn’t forthcoming as Galavis said he wasn’t sure whether he wanted to marry Ferrell.
Pablo and Nikki
“I have a ring here in my pocket and I’m not going to use it,” he told Ferrell. “I’m not 100 percent sure that I want to propose you, but at the same time, I’m 100 percent sure that I don’t want to let you go. I like you a lot. So, Nikki, will you accept my final rose?”
Although Ferrell accepted the rose, she seemed to have been expecting a proposal. On various occasions Ferrell had professed her love for Galavis, but he has never returned the sentiment.
Is marriage on the cards for Ferrell and Galavis? Only time will tell.
Meanwhile, Clare Crawley left with a heavy heart saying Galavis was not the man she was expecting.
When the single dad approached Crawley and said that he would have to send her home, she was livid and said that she stuck around because she believed in him.
“I lost respect for you ... I thought I knew what kind of man you were. But what you just made me go through, I would never want my children having a father like you,” Crawley said before walking away.
And Galavis’ response? “Whew, I’m glad I didn’t pick her.”
Referring to an off-camera moment the couple had, Clare said that she gave Galavis another chance to come closer when he said he doesn’t know her at all. But it ended badly when he took her on a helicopter date and insulted her.
An insider told Wetpaint that “Clare asked Juan Pablo, "Just tell me you love me," knowing that Galavis may be hesitant to declare his love on camera. And he said, "I really loved f—ing you."
Back in the studio live after the final rose segment, both Galavis and Ferrell looked awkward and refused to speak about their relationship.
This was unlike the previous seasons when the couple expressed their relief at being able to flaunt their relationship after three months of hiding.
Ferrell was also not wearing an engagement ring, indicating that their relationship had not proceeded further.
The situation became even more awkward when “The Bachelor” host Chris Harrison asked Galavis if he loved Ferrell.
“I’m not going to answer that question,” Galavis said. “People don’t understand this is real life. We’re very happy and we are so done with the show.”
“So….you’re not gonna tell us you love her?” a confused Harrison asks. “This is what this show is about. We’re on this journey with you. This is your time to shine. You can express your feelings.”
But the couple remained evasive and explained that although they have made plans for the future, they would not divulge the details.
The show ended with Harrison announcing Andi Dorfman as the next Bachelorette.
The new season of “The Bachelorette” will premiere on 19 May.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia