Hogg Sidelined from T20 for Injury
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 11, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Fort-three years old left-arm bowler Bragg Hogg will miss upcoming T20 matches in South Africa because of hamstring injury. The news came to light when it's just two weeks away from the tournament to start.
Team doctor Peter Bruckner, who is nursing Hogg, describes it as a "bit of tightness." However, the situation will get better undergoing treatment and will join the T20 World Cup in Bangladesh.
Hogg stated, "It's a weird one. I can do everything except bowl."
"Every time I plant that front leg down, I can't get over there. But I'm glad it's happened now and not over in Bangladesh."
"If it was a big game - you'd take the medications and definitely would (play). But I think we're taking a conservative approach at the moment so I'm right for the World Cup."
Hogg had his injury during a practice session with Shane Warne in Cape Town, who joined the squad to advice the spinners.
He said, "I was in awe of the king."
"I wanted to make the most of the opportunity and I went (bowled) for an hour and a half, which was probably too long."
Having retired in 2008, he was out of the game for a long time. But his brilliant performance in Big Bash league secured a place in T20 World Cup.
Bruckner is treating Hogg with the dry-needling technique and said, "Watto gets it a lot. He handles it well,"
Meanwhile, Hogg was down with diarrhea on the morning during the team's journey to Durban but ruled out the same, calling it as a "slight dose".
The opening match of T20 series at Port Elizabeth was already cancelled due to heavy rain. The next match is at Kingsmead, but weather forecast shows rain is likely to pour in the day of the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery