Hogg Sidelined from T20 for Injury
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 11, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Fort-three years old left-arm bowler Bragg Hogg will miss upcoming T20 matches in South Africa because of hamstring injury. The news came to light when it's just two weeks away from the tournament to start.
Team doctor Peter Bruckner, who is nursing Hogg, describes it as a "bit of tightness." However, the situation will get better undergoing treatment and will join the T20 World Cup in Bangladesh.
Hogg stated, "It's a weird one. I can do everything except bowl."
"Every time I plant that front leg down, I can't get over there. But I'm glad it's happened now and not over in Bangladesh."
"If it was a big game - you'd take the medications and definitely would (play). But I think we're taking a conservative approach at the moment so I'm right for the World Cup."
Hogg had his injury during a practice session with Shane Warne in Cape Town, who joined the squad to advice the spinners.
He said, "I was in awe of the king."
"I wanted to make the most of the opportunity and I went (bowled) for an hour and a half, which was probably too long."
Having retired in 2008, he was out of the game for a long time. But his brilliant performance in Big Bash league secured a place in T20 World Cup.
Bruckner is treating Hogg with the dry-needling technique and said, "Watto gets it a lot. He handles it well,"
Meanwhile, Hogg was down with diarrhea on the morning during the team's journey to Durban but ruled out the same, calling it as a "slight dose".
The opening match of T20 series at Port Elizabeth was already cancelled due to heavy rain. The next match is at Kingsmead, but weather forecast shows rain is likely to pour in the day of the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga