Hogg Sidelined from T20 for Injury
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 11, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Fort-three years old left-arm bowler Bragg Hogg will miss upcoming T20 matches in South Africa because of hamstring injury. The news came to light when it's just two weeks away from the tournament to start.
Team doctor Peter Bruckner, who is nursing Hogg, describes it as a "bit of tightness." However, the situation will get better undergoing treatment and will join the T20 World Cup in Bangladesh.
Hogg stated, "It's a weird one. I can do everything except bowl."
"Every time I plant that front leg down, I can't get over there. But I'm glad it's happened now and not over in Bangladesh."
"If it was a big game - you'd take the medications and definitely would (play). But I think we're taking a conservative approach at the moment so I'm right for the World Cup."
Hogg had his injury during a practice session with Shane Warne in Cape Town, who joined the squad to advice the spinners.
He said, "I was in awe of the king."
"I wanted to make the most of the opportunity and I went (bowled) for an hour and a half, which was probably too long."
Having retired in 2008, he was out of the game for a long time. But his brilliant performance in Big Bash league secured a place in T20 World Cup.
Bruckner is treating Hogg with the dry-needling technique and said, "Watto gets it a lot. He handles it well,"
Meanwhile, Hogg was down with diarrhea on the morning during the team's journey to Durban but ruled out the same, calling it as a "slight dose".
The opening match of T20 series at Port Elizabeth was already cancelled due to heavy rain. The next match is at Kingsmead, but weather forecast shows rain is likely to pour in the day of the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports