Hogg Sidelined from T20 for Injury
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 11, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Fort-three years old left-arm bowler Bragg Hogg will miss upcoming T20 matches in South Africa because of hamstring injury. The news came to light when it's just two weeks away from the tournament to start.
Team doctor Peter Bruckner, who is nursing Hogg, describes it as a "bit of tightness." However, the situation will get better undergoing treatment and will join the T20 World Cup in Bangladesh.
Hogg stated, "It's a weird one. I can do everything except bowl."
"Every time I plant that front leg down, I can't get over there. But I'm glad it's happened now and not over in Bangladesh."
"If it was a big game - you'd take the medications and definitely would (play). But I think we're taking a conservative approach at the moment so I'm right for the World Cup."
Hogg had his injury during a practice session with Shane Warne in Cape Town, who joined the squad to advice the spinners.
He said, "I was in awe of the king."
"I wanted to make the most of the opportunity and I went (bowled) for an hour and a half, which was probably too long."
Having retired in 2008, he was out of the game for a long time. But his brilliant performance in Big Bash league secured a place in T20 World Cup.
Bruckner is treating Hogg with the dry-needling technique and said, "Watto gets it a lot. He handles it well,"
Meanwhile, Hogg was down with diarrhea on the morning during the team's journey to Durban but ruled out the same, calling it as a "slight dose".
The opening match of T20 series at Port Elizabeth was already cancelled due to heavy rain. The next match is at Kingsmead, but weather forecast shows rain is likely to pour in the day of the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch