Luke Lewis Aims for Round Seven Return Despite His Shoulder Injury
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 11, 2014 4:52 PM EST
Luke Lewis is planning for round seven return to the NRL, despite new problem with his health leading to disruption in shoulder recovery treatment.
According to Fox Sports NRL reporter Lara Pitt, on Monday night with Matty Johns, Pitt confirmed that Lewis is kept in observation as he will undergo radiation therapy. A recent test revealed Luke is producing a hormone in his body which in no way should produce.
With this issue, Luke will be unable to return to training with Sharks for another week.
The health problem of Lewis started in the year 2012 when he was cut short of his play, as he had to undergo a surgery to remove his thyroid.
However, having faced such health hazard, Lewis made a sensational comeback in the field during 2013, for his new club Cronulla. His performance led to selection for New South Wales in the opening State of Origin match in 2009. He was also selected for Australia's national team in the same year to participate in Four Nations tournament.
Having established himself in Australia's best squad of 17, Lewis suffered another blow when he had to end his tour after injuring his shoulder sliding in an advertisement board behind the dead ball line.
Lewis, who debuted with Penrith Panthers, moved to Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks for 2013 NRL season. His impressive performance led again to his selection for 2013 State of Origin series and was also selected for the Australian squad to represent 2013 World Cup.
A promising career of Lewis, but his frequent health setback keeps him out of the game time and again. This is a matter of concern for NRL and doctors are trying to bring back the rhythm of the second-rower.
Fans of Lewis now have to wait for the doctor's report which is supposed to come out next week.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation