Luke Lewis Aims for Round Seven Return Despite His Shoulder Injury
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 11, 2014 4:52 PM EST
Luke Lewis is planning for round seven return to the NRL, despite new problem with his health leading to disruption in shoulder recovery treatment.
According to Fox Sports NRL reporter Lara Pitt, on Monday night with Matty Johns, Pitt confirmed that Lewis is kept in observation as he will undergo radiation therapy. A recent test revealed Luke is producing a hormone in his body which in no way should produce.
With this issue, Luke will be unable to return to training with Sharks for another week.
The health problem of Lewis started in the year 2012 when he was cut short of his play, as he had to undergo a surgery to remove his thyroid.
However, having faced such health hazard, Lewis made a sensational comeback in the field during 2013, for his new club Cronulla. His performance led to selection for New South Wales in the opening State of Origin match in 2009. He was also selected for Australia's national team in the same year to participate in Four Nations tournament.
Having established himself in Australia's best squad of 17, Lewis suffered another blow when he had to end his tour after injuring his shoulder sliding in an advertisement board behind the dead ball line.
Lewis, who debuted with Penrith Panthers, moved to Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks for 2013 NRL season. His impressive performance led again to his selection for 2013 State of Origin series and was also selected for the Australian squad to represent 2013 World Cup.
A promising career of Lewis, but his frequent health setback keeps him out of the game time and again. This is a matter of concern for NRL and doctors are trying to bring back the rhythm of the second-rower.
Fans of Lewis now have to wait for the doctor's report which is supposed to come out next week.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]