Luke Lewis Aims for Round Seven Return Despite His Shoulder Injury
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 11, 2014 4:52 PM EST
Luke Lewis is planning for round seven return to the NRL, despite new problem with his health leading to disruption in shoulder recovery treatment.
According to Fox Sports NRL reporter Lara Pitt, on Monday night with Matty Johns, Pitt confirmed that Lewis is kept in observation as he will undergo radiation therapy. A recent test revealed Luke is producing a hormone in his body which in no way should produce.
With this issue, Luke will be unable to return to training with Sharks for another week.
The health problem of Lewis started in the year 2012 when he was cut short of his play, as he had to undergo a surgery to remove his thyroid.
However, having faced such health hazard, Lewis made a sensational comeback in the field during 2013, for his new club Cronulla. His performance led to selection for New South Wales in the opening State of Origin match in 2009. He was also selected for Australia's national team in the same year to participate in Four Nations tournament.
Having established himself in Australia's best squad of 17, Lewis suffered another blow when he had to end his tour after injuring his shoulder sliding in an advertisement board behind the dead ball line.
Lewis, who debuted with Penrith Panthers, moved to Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks for 2013 NRL season. His impressive performance led again to his selection for 2013 State of Origin series and was also selected for the Australian squad to represent 2013 World Cup.
A promising career of Lewis, but his frequent health setback keeps him out of the game time and again. This is a matter of concern for NRL and doctors are trying to bring back the rhythm of the second-rower.
Fans of Lewis now have to wait for the doctor's report which is supposed to come out next week.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Iggy Azalea Sex Tape: The Story So Far
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone
- iPhone 6 Plus Phablet Features Only 1 GB RAM