Kannada Actress Shruti May Contest Lok Sabha Elections
By Sahaja K R | March 11, 2014 4:47 PM EST
Kannada actress Shruti may soon be seen contesting the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections, according to Chitraloka.com. Rumour has it that she will be representing the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) from Hassan constituency.
Shruti (screenshot from Kalki/YouTube)
However, BJP has not yet announced its candidates to the public. Shruti's mother hails from Holenarsipura, which is a town in Hassan district and interestingly former Chief Minister HD Deve Gowda too belongs to the same region.
If Shruti's candidature is confirmed, there may be quite a few celebrity faces in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. While, actress Ramya's ticket from Congress has been finalised, there has not been any announcement from Janata Dal (Secular) JDS about Geetha Shivarajkumar's participation.
Geetha Shivarajkumar is actor Shivarajkumar's wife and daughter of late S Bangarappa (former Chief Minister). The JDS party has requested the Rajkumar family to make Geetha contest the Lok Sabha elections from Shimoga constituency. However, there has not been any official confirmation on the same. HD Kumaraswamy, the party leader, recently said that the announcement will be made shortly.
While these celebrities are yet to confirm their candidature, actress Ramya has already started to earn followers for her campaign. She is using the social media to connect to people. She has even invited volunteers to campaign for her. The actress has even planned to bid farewell to the film industry as politics is keeping her away.
In the past, there have been a few other Kannada film celebrities who have entered politics. One of the prominent actors who has made it big in politics is Ambareesh. After gaining success in films, he made an entry to politics via Congress, but was later moved to JDS. He later returned to Congress. He has become a Member of Parliament for three consecutive terms from the Mandya Constituency which is also his native district. This actor turned politician is now the MLA of Mandya and the Karnataka State Housing Minister.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’