Manchester United Transfer News: German Midfielder Hints at EPL Move as Inter Milan Deny Holding Talks with United Striker
By Deepak Vikraman | March 11, 2014 3:51 PM EST
Manchester United target Toni Kroos heightened speculation over a possible summer move from Bayern Munich, admitting he would consider signing for an English Premier League club.
Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez celebrates his goal against Chelsea in the English Premier League, 19 January. Reuters
Kroos has been heavily linked with a transfer to United with the midfielder stalling on signing a new contract with the German champions.
The 24-year-old will have just a year remaining on his current deal with Bayern at the end of the season, and speculation has been rife Kroos might consider moving to a new club.
Speaking to reporters ahead of Bayern's Champions League last 16 second leg against Arsenal, Kroos opened up the possibility of a summer move to Old Trafford.
"Nothing has been decided about my future," Kroos said. "It's no secret the Premier League is an option for me.
"No one has come to any agreement and it will stay like this until the summer.
"I think that anything is possible for me if I leave. I have to think about this for myself, and make the right decision."
United, however, look set to miss on Champions League football for next season, which in turn would reduce their attraction value when it comes to signing big players. Asked directly if that would be a problem, Kroos said he would consider all aspects if he were to leave Bayern.
"I will consider everything, if I should leave," he added.
All this is conjecture, of course, with reports in Germany suggesting Kroos' flirtations with United is just a way of getting as lucrative a contract as possible from Bayern. The German club's manager Pep Guardiola has no doubts what his preference would be when it comes to the player's future.
"I have told him [Kroos] I can make him an even better player," Guardiola said. "I hope I will have him here for many seasons."
Meanwhile, Inter Milan president Erick Thohir has denied holding talks with Javier Hernandez over a possible summer move. Hernandez has been out of favour under Moyes, leading to suggestions the Mexican international could leave Old Trafford at the end of the season.
Having already secured the signature of United captain Nemanja Vidic on a free transfer, Thohir ruled out another move, insisting the Italian club were not considering making signing Hernandez or indeed Chelsea striker Fernando Torres, who was also recently linked with a switch to Italy.
"Chicharito [Hernandez] is a good player but we have not spoken, neither with him nor with Torres," Thohir said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools