Manchester United Transfer News: German Midfielder Hints at EPL Move as Inter Milan Deny Holding Talks with United Striker
By Deepak Vikraman | March 11, 2014 3:51 PM EST
Manchester United target Toni Kroos heightened speculation over a possible summer move from Bayern Munich, admitting he would consider signing for an English Premier League club.
Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez celebrates his goal against Chelsea in the English Premier League, 19 January. Reuters
Kroos has been heavily linked with a transfer to United with the midfielder stalling on signing a new contract with the German champions.
The 24-year-old will have just a year remaining on his current deal with Bayern at the end of the season, and speculation has been rife Kroos might consider moving to a new club.
Speaking to reporters ahead of Bayern's Champions League last 16 second leg against Arsenal, Kroos opened up the possibility of a summer move to Old Trafford.
"Nothing has been decided about my future," Kroos said. "It's no secret the Premier League is an option for me.
"No one has come to any agreement and it will stay like this until the summer.
"I think that anything is possible for me if I leave. I have to think about this for myself, and make the right decision."
United, however, look set to miss on Champions League football for next season, which in turn would reduce their attraction value when it comes to signing big players. Asked directly if that would be a problem, Kroos said he would consider all aspects if he were to leave Bayern.
"I will consider everything, if I should leave," he added.
All this is conjecture, of course, with reports in Germany suggesting Kroos' flirtations with United is just a way of getting as lucrative a contract as possible from Bayern. The German club's manager Pep Guardiola has no doubts what his preference would be when it comes to the player's future.
"I have told him [Kroos] I can make him an even better player," Guardiola said. "I hope I will have him here for many seasons."
Meanwhile, Inter Milan president Erick Thohir has denied holding talks with Javier Hernandez over a possible summer move. Hernandez has been out of favour under Moyes, leading to suggestions the Mexican international could leave Old Trafford at the end of the season.
Having already secured the signature of United captain Nemanja Vidic on a free transfer, Thohir ruled out another move, insisting the Italian club were not considering making signing Hernandez or indeed Chelsea striker Fernando Torres, who was also recently linked with a switch to Italy.
"Chicharito [Hernandez] is a good player but we have not spoken, neither with him nor with Torres," Thohir said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone