Football Transfer News and Rumours: Meier Staying at Eintracht Frankfurt, Inter Milan Denies Torres, Hernandez Links and More
By James Patrick Quizon | March 11, 2014 3:50 PM EST
We take a look at the recent transfers (or non-transfers) news and rumours in the world of football. From the big names to the relative unknowns.
Alexander Meier of Eintracht Frankfurt re-signed with the club to extend his stay through 2017. The 31-year-old attacking midfielder started his career with FC St. Pauli and Hamburger SV in 2001-2003 and transferred to Eintracht Frankfurt in 2004.
Inter Milan's Guarin fights for the ball with Torino's Moretti during their Italian Serie A soccer match in Milan
He spent the last 10 years with the club and his recent great performances have turned the heads of some scouts. Meier scored a total of 15 goals in the 2013-2014.
Erick Thohir, club president of Inter Milan, has denied all rumours that a move for Chelsea forward Fernando Torres and/or Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez is in the offing.
"Chicharito is a good player but we have not spoken neither with he nor with Torres," Thohir said referring to Hernandez in a recent interview.
Fernando Torres, who has suffered various injuries recently, has scored just 4 goals in 20 appearance for the Blues this season.
More Inter Milan news, midfielder Fredy Guarin is also staying with the club according to agent Marcelo Ferreyra and a new deal is being worked out.
"I am already in Milan to talk with Inter, the meeting will happen this week,” according to the Colombian who is working out a deal that should last until 2017.
English Premier League
Thibaut Courtois’ father, Thierry debunked the rumours that his son will agree with a deal with Real Madrid in 2016. The Belgian goalkeeper still has two years left in his contract with Chelsea.
"It's an attempt to destabilise Atletico," Thierry said in an interview. “There hasn't been any contact with Real. Our negotiations with Chelsea still have to start. And Chelsea would never let him go that way, when his contract has expired. Thibaut is now focused on the season with Atletico and the Champions League."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS