Football Transfer News and Rumours: Meier Staying at Eintracht Frankfurt, Inter Milan Denies Torres, Hernandez Links and More
By James Patrick Quizon | March 11, 2014 3:50 PM EST
We take a look at the recent transfers (or non-transfers) news and rumours in the world of football. From the big names to the relative unknowns.
Alexander Meier of Eintracht Frankfurt re-signed with the club to extend his stay through 2017. The 31-year-old attacking midfielder started his career with FC St. Pauli and Hamburger SV in 2001-2003 and transferred to Eintracht Frankfurt in 2004.
Inter Milan's Guarin fights for the ball with Torino's Moretti during their Italian Serie A soccer match in Milan
He spent the last 10 years with the club and his recent great performances have turned the heads of some scouts. Meier scored a total of 15 goals in the 2013-2014.
Erick Thohir, club president of Inter Milan, has denied all rumours that a move for Chelsea forward Fernando Torres and/or Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez is in the offing.
"Chicharito is a good player but we have not spoken neither with he nor with Torres," Thohir said referring to Hernandez in a recent interview.
Fernando Torres, who has suffered various injuries recently, has scored just 4 goals in 20 appearance for the Blues this season.
More Inter Milan news, midfielder Fredy Guarin is also staying with the club according to agent Marcelo Ferreyra and a new deal is being worked out.
"I am already in Milan to talk with Inter, the meeting will happen this week,” according to the Colombian who is working out a deal that should last until 2017.
English Premier League
Thibaut Courtois’ father, Thierry debunked the rumours that his son will agree with a deal with Real Madrid in 2016. The Belgian goalkeeper still has two years left in his contract with Chelsea.
"It's an attempt to destabilise Atletico," Thierry said in an interview. “There hasn't been any contact with Real. Our negotiations with Chelsea still have to start. And Chelsea would never let him go that way, when his contract has expired. Thibaut is now focused on the season with Atletico and the Champions League."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015