Baby Health Advisory: 'Packaging Defect' Prompts Heinz Canada to Voluntarily Recall 6 Baby Food Products
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | March 11, 2014 3:46 PM EST
Heinz Canada has decided to voluntarily recall some of its baby food products after discovering a defect in its packaging that could spoil the contents of the items.
The specific varieties included in the Heinz Canada recall are:
A baby stroller is seen as mothers play with their children at a public area in downtown Shanghai November 19, 2013. REUTERS/Carlos Barria
- Peas, zucchini, spinach
- Sweet baby vegetables
- Beef bolognese with vegetables
- Beef butternut squash rice spinach
- Tuna sweet corn chowder
- Butternut squash apricot peas couscous
All affected products come in 128-ml squeeze pouches.
A consumer complaint triggered the recall. No illnesses were reported, however.
"The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is informing the public that Heinz Canada has conducted a voluntary recall. The products may contain a packaging defect that may allow the entry of spoilage microorganisms," CFIA said in a statement.
Health Canada, based on a safety assessment of the products, said the risk from consuming the foods from these containers has been found to be very low to remote.
The body advised people who have fed the products to their children to watch for symptoms like nausea and diarrhea.
Both Health Canada and the CFIA provided the product recall advisory on Monday.
Consumers are advised to call Heinz Canada at 1-888-570-1675 or email them at HeinzCanada@Stericycle.com if they have further inquiries.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports