Baby Health Advisory: 'Packaging Defect' Prompts Heinz Canada to Voluntarily Recall 6 Baby Food Products
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | March 11, 2014 3:46 PM EST
Heinz Canada has decided to voluntarily recall some of its baby food products after discovering a defect in its packaging that could spoil the contents of the items.
The specific varieties included in the Heinz Canada recall are:
A baby stroller is seen as mothers play with their children at a public area in downtown Shanghai November 19, 2013. REUTERS/Carlos Barria
- Peas, zucchini, spinach
- Sweet baby vegetables
- Beef bolognese with vegetables
- Beef butternut squash rice spinach
- Tuna sweet corn chowder
- Butternut squash apricot peas couscous
All affected products come in 128-ml squeeze pouches.
A consumer complaint triggered the recall. No illnesses were reported, however.
"The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is informing the public that Heinz Canada has conducted a voluntary recall. The products may contain a packaging defect that may allow the entry of spoilage microorganisms," CFIA said in a statement.
Health Canada, based on a safety assessment of the products, said the risk from consuming the foods from these containers has been found to be very low to remote.
The body advised people who have fed the products to their children to watch for symptoms like nausea and diarrhea.
Both Health Canada and the CFIA provided the product recall advisory on Monday.
Consumers are advised to call Heinz Canada at 1-888-570-1675 or email them at HeinzCanada@Stericycle.com if they have further inquiries.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga