From Malaysia: Spiritual Methods Used to Track Missing Malaysian Flight MH370
By Athena Yenko | March 11, 2014 2:55 PM EST
Malaysia's Department of Civil Aviation director-general Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman described the missing Malaysian Flight MH370 as an "unprecedented aviation mystery".
Hence, all methods were being use to solve the mystery surrounding the missing Malaysian flight, including spiritual means.
A local "bomoh" (shaman), Ibrahim Mat Zin who is more popularly called as Raja Bomoh Sedunia Nujum VIP performed a ritual at the KL International Airport (KLIA) Monday.
According to a report from Free Malaysia Today, Mr Ibrahim claimed that one of top Malaysian officials invited him to track the missing Malaysian flight through ritual and prayers.
"We use fish trap hook and a bamboo binocular to look and ask for the victims to be found as soon as possible," he said.
After the fish trap ritual, Mr Ibrahim said a prayer at the KLIA entrance.
"During my prayer, my eyes hurt and my vision turned black. I think the plane is still in the air or has crashed into the sea. I will come back here (to KLIA) in another two days after performing my prayers and I will bring something," he said.
Mr Ibrahim became popular as a bomoh for his 50 years of experience and for offering his service to locate victims for Malaysia's major catastrophic incidents such as Highland Tower tragedy, Kuala Dipang flood and the Mona Fendy murder case.
Malaysian Prime Minsiter Najib Razak said that the government welcomes all effort in locating the missing Malaysian flight MH370, including spiritual means by "bohos" as long as these methods do not contradict Islam.
"We appreciate all help...but where it comes to mysticism, the methods used must conform to Islamic teachings," Mr Razak said during a press conference at the 35th National-level Quran Recital Programme here on Monday.
Meanwhile, Mr Abdul Rahman said that Malaysian authorities are exploring all possibilities surrounding the missing Malaysian flight.
All angles were being explored including the possibility that the plane exploded in mid-air.
"We are not ruling out the possibility but the main focus is to find the plane," Mr Abdul Rahman told reporters.
According to aviation experts, the absence of emergency signals from the plane supported the possibility of explosion.
"Such theories are being explored but we have to avoid speculating on the matter," he said.
However, some reports were nullified. He said that reports about the tail of the aircraft in Vietnam waters are not true.
"We quickly sent vessels to the location but we discovered that it was merely logs tied together and it looked like a pontoon."
The reportedly life raft found off Tho Chu were found to be moss-covered trash.
The globally reported oil slick found off the Kelantan coast was tested but it was found that it did not come from the missing MH370.
When asked about how long the investigation will be, he said officials have no time frame for the search as well as rescue operations.
Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Regional Senior Vice President for China, Joshua Law Kok Hwa, said that the airlines allotted 31,000 Yuan to all families of passengers. The amount shall cover a week of expenses for the families who were staying Beijing or leaving for Kuala Lumpur.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop