From Malaysia: Spiritual Methods Used to Track Missing Malaysian Flight MH370
By Athena Yenko | March 11, 2014 2:55 PM EST
Malaysia's Department of Civil Aviation director-general Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman described the missing Malaysian Flight MH370 as an "unprecedented aviation mystery".
Hence, all methods were being use to solve the mystery surrounding the missing Malaysian flight, including spiritual means.
A local "bomoh" (shaman), Ibrahim Mat Zin who is more popularly called as Raja Bomoh Sedunia Nujum VIP performed a ritual at the KL International Airport (KLIA) Monday.
According to a report from Free Malaysia Today, Mr Ibrahim claimed that one of top Malaysian officials invited him to track the missing Malaysian flight through ritual and prayers.
"We use fish trap hook and a bamboo binocular to look and ask for the victims to be found as soon as possible," he said.
After the fish trap ritual, Mr Ibrahim said a prayer at the KLIA entrance.
"During my prayer, my eyes hurt and my vision turned black. I think the plane is still in the air or has crashed into the sea. I will come back here (to KLIA) in another two days after performing my prayers and I will bring something," he said.
Mr Ibrahim became popular as a bomoh for his 50 years of experience and for offering his service to locate victims for Malaysia's major catastrophic incidents such as Highland Tower tragedy, Kuala Dipang flood and the Mona Fendy murder case.
Malaysian Prime Minsiter Najib Razak said that the government welcomes all effort in locating the missing Malaysian flight MH370, including spiritual means by "bohos" as long as these methods do not contradict Islam.
"We appreciate all help...but where it comes to mysticism, the methods used must conform to Islamic teachings," Mr Razak said during a press conference at the 35th National-level Quran Recital Programme here on Monday.
Meanwhile, Mr Abdul Rahman said that Malaysian authorities are exploring all possibilities surrounding the missing Malaysian flight.
All angles were being explored including the possibility that the plane exploded in mid-air.
"We are not ruling out the possibility but the main focus is to find the plane," Mr Abdul Rahman told reporters.
According to aviation experts, the absence of emergency signals from the plane supported the possibility of explosion.
"Such theories are being explored but we have to avoid speculating on the matter," he said.
However, some reports were nullified. He said that reports about the tail of the aircraft in Vietnam waters are not true.
"We quickly sent vessels to the location but we discovered that it was merely logs tied together and it looked like a pontoon."
The reportedly life raft found off Tho Chu were found to be moss-covered trash.
The globally reported oil slick found off the Kelantan coast was tested but it was found that it did not come from the missing MH370.
When asked about how long the investigation will be, he said officials have no time frame for the search as well as rescue operations.
Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Regional Senior Vice President for China, Joshua Law Kok Hwa, said that the airlines allotted 31,000 Yuan to all families of passengers. The amount shall cover a week of expenses for the families who were staying Beijing or leaving for Kuala Lumpur.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display