Three-week Ban for Andrew Fifita
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 11, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Having been charged with grade two shoulder charge in Monday night's game against Gold Coast, Andrew Fifita of Cronulla faces three weeks ban.
Fifita's challenge with Titan's winger David Mead costs a base penalty of 350 points. He is likely to miss two matches if he approaches early for guilty plea.
Adding to it, Fifita also seems ready to announce his leaving from the Sharks to sign-up his next four-year deal with Bulldogs. The four-year deal worth $3 million will start from the 2015 NRL season.
Earlier, Paul Gallen, captain of Cronulla Sharks, stated that he is hopeful the club will take some action to retain Fifita. Having joined from West Tigers two years back, Fifita showed his skill as a front-rower.
Gallen said, It's up to him - it's part of the game, it's a business, you've got to look after your family."
"I don't know if it's for sure yet. I am sure the club will come very close to their offer, it won't be chalk and cheese."
"It's just going to be up to Andrew as to where he wants to play next year."
Gallen further showed his disappointment ,stating, "I'd be upset of course if he left. We've put a lot of effort into him and he's a great player who's played his best football here."
"But in saying that, everyone thought the world was going to end when Luke Douglas and Kade Snowden left. But I wouldn't say those boys have kicked on since they left here."
"We'll just pick up some more front-rowers."
Nevertheless, as per the current charge against Fifita, it will be hard for him to face to plan meeting his future club next week.
ifita's professional career started with Wests Tiger followed by joining Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks. He was chosen Daily M Prop of the year in 2013 and was also selected for 2013 Rugby League World Cup.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon