Three-week Ban for Andrew Fifita
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 11, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Having been charged with grade two shoulder charge in Monday night's game against Gold Coast, Andrew Fifita of Cronulla faces three weeks ban.
Fifita's challenge with Titan's winger David Mead costs a base penalty of 350 points. He is likely to miss two matches if he approaches early for guilty plea.
Adding to it, Fifita also seems ready to announce his leaving from the Sharks to sign-up his next four-year deal with Bulldogs. The four-year deal worth $3 million will start from the 2015 NRL season.
Earlier, Paul Gallen, captain of Cronulla Sharks, stated that he is hopeful the club will take some action to retain Fifita. Having joined from West Tigers two years back, Fifita showed his skill as a front-rower.
Gallen said, It's up to him - it's part of the game, it's a business, you've got to look after your family."
"I don't know if it's for sure yet. I am sure the club will come very close to their offer, it won't be chalk and cheese."
"It's just going to be up to Andrew as to where he wants to play next year."
Gallen further showed his disappointment ,stating, "I'd be upset of course if he left. We've put a lot of effort into him and he's a great player who's played his best football here."
"But in saying that, everyone thought the world was going to end when Luke Douglas and Kade Snowden left. But I wouldn't say those boys have kicked on since they left here."
"We'll just pick up some more front-rowers."
Nevertheless, as per the current charge against Fifita, it will be hard for him to face to plan meeting his future club next week.
ifita's professional career started with Wests Tiger followed by joining Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks. He was chosen Daily M Prop of the year in 2013 and was also selected for 2013 Rugby League World Cup.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge