Three-week Ban for Andrew Fifita
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 11, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Having been charged with grade two shoulder charge in Monday night's game against Gold Coast, Andrew Fifita of Cronulla faces three weeks ban.
Fifita's challenge with Titan's winger David Mead costs a base penalty of 350 points. He is likely to miss two matches if he approaches early for guilty plea.
Adding to it, Fifita also seems ready to announce his leaving from the Sharks to sign-up his next four-year deal with Bulldogs. The four-year deal worth $3 million will start from the 2015 NRL season.
Earlier, Paul Gallen, captain of Cronulla Sharks, stated that he is hopeful the club will take some action to retain Fifita. Having joined from West Tigers two years back, Fifita showed his skill as a front-rower.
Gallen said, It's up to him - it's part of the game, it's a business, you've got to look after your family."
"I don't know if it's for sure yet. I am sure the club will come very close to their offer, it won't be chalk and cheese."
"It's just going to be up to Andrew as to where he wants to play next year."
Gallen further showed his disappointment ,stating, "I'd be upset of course if he left. We've put a lot of effort into him and he's a great player who's played his best football here."
"But in saying that, everyone thought the world was going to end when Luke Douglas and Kade Snowden left. But I wouldn't say those boys have kicked on since they left here."
"We'll just pick up some more front-rowers."
Nevertheless, as per the current charge against Fifita, it will be hard for him to face to plan meeting his future club next week.
ifita's professional career started with Wests Tiger followed by joining Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks. He was chosen Daily M Prop of the year in 2013 and was also selected for 2013 Rugby League World Cup.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia