Terror Group Claims Responsibility for the Missing Malaysian Flight
By Sachin Trivedi | March 11, 2014 2:43 PM EST
A terror group called the Chinese Martyrs' Brigade has claimed responsibility for the missing Malaysian flight MH370. Earlier reports suggested that some men of Iranian origin may have been involved.
A woman holds a candle as she takes part in a candlelight vigil held by Malaysian ethnic Chinese for the passengers of Malaysia Airlines MH370 near Independence Square in Kuala Lumpur March 10, 2014. The disappearance of a Malaysian airliner about an hour into a flight to Beijing is an "unprecedented mystery", the civil aviation chief said on Monday, as a massive air and sea search now in its third day failed to find any trace of the plane or 239 people on board. REUTERS/Edgar Su
According to a report by News.com the Chinese terror group has not been heard of till date and authorities are concerned that it could be a hoax. The group reportedly sent an email to journalists across China with the words "You kill one of our clan, we will kill 100 of you as pay back"
The email reportedly did not specify under what circumstances the plane was hijacked or brought down. Authorities believe that the group may be using the missing plane incident to highlight and heighten the rift between the Uighurs and Han Chinese ethnic groups in China.
There were reports that some people travelled with stolen passports on the missing plane. The authorities have released the security footage showing the two men who used stolen passports to international security agencies. The video is expected to be released to the general public shortly.
The missing aircraft has become a puzzling episode with people asking how an entire airplane can just go missing without a trace. Earlier reports suggesting that the debris of the plane were found turned out to be not related to the missing Malaysian aircraft.
The search and rescue operations are still ongoing and Malaysian Airlines is cooperating with the Department of Civil Aviation Malaysia and the Ministry of Transport. Search and rescue teams from Australia, China, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, New Zealand and the U.S have come forward to assist in the operation.
Malaysian Airlines has made arrangements for the families of the passengers of the missing flight MH370. The airlines has arranged for the travel facilities, accommodation, meals, medical and emotional support.
The airline is also providing timely information regarding the rescue operation to the families. But not all anxious family members are happy. Some feel that the airline is not sharing all the information with them.
The Malaysian Airlines recently announced the activation of the Emergency Operations Center - EOC. It is the central command and control facility responsible for carrying out emergency management functions at a strategic level.
More Articles to Read
'Game of Thrones' Premieres in April - 'Catch the Throne' Songs Released [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party, Opts For Simple Gathering
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- Afghan Pizza Man Shot Dead in Canada
- At What Age Do Boys And Girls Look Best To Each Other?
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date