Apple Confirms Availability of iPhone Recycling Program in Canada Retail Stores
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | March 11, 2014 2:08 PM EST
Apple's iPhone recycling program has now been made available in Canadian retail stores. Canadians wanting that latest model can now trade in their old iPhones to get a credit of up to $275 in order to purchase the new model.
The five colors of the new iPhone 5C are seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013
However, Apple clarified the maximum $275 amount will depend on the model and condition of the older phone, preferably the first 3G model and newer. Customers need to bring their old phone to an Apple store so a staff can determine on the spot the amount of the credit.
Apple launched its iPhone Reuse and Recycling Program in August 2013 in the U.S. to encourage customers not to store or throw them to the garbage and just recycle their old phones. Figures stated there are at least $13.4 billion unused iPhones worldwide.
It has since then expanded to include the UK and just last week, France.
"iPhones hold great value. So, Apple Retail Stores in Canada are launching a new program to assist customers who wish to bring in their previous-generation iPhone for reuse or recycling," an Apple spokesperson said. "In addition to helping support the environment, customers will be able to receive a credit for their returned phone that they can use toward the purchase of a new iPhone."
Customers, either personal or business, can bring in phones that aren't working.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australia To Lose Hundreds Of Billions Worth Of Infrastructure Due To Rising Sea Levels
- UK Starts Ebola Vaccine Trials on Humans
- Health Virus Alert: Canadians Urged to Watch Out Against Rare Enterovirus D68; 3 Cases Confirmed in B.C., 18 in Alberta
- Economy Travel Not So Anymore with Air Canada, Starts Charging C$25 Checked Bag Fee
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best