Apple Confirms Availability of iPhone Recycling Program in Canada Retail Stores
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | March 11, 2014 2:08 PM EST
Apple's iPhone recycling program has now been made available in Canadian retail stores. Canadians wanting that latest model can now trade in their old iPhones to get a credit of up to $275 in order to purchase the new model.
The five colors of the new iPhone 5C are seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013
However, Apple clarified the maximum $275 amount will depend on the model and condition of the older phone, preferably the first 3G model and newer. Customers need to bring their old phone to an Apple store so a staff can determine on the spot the amount of the credit.
Apple launched its iPhone Reuse and Recycling Program in August 2013 in the U.S. to encourage customers not to store or throw them to the garbage and just recycle their old phones. Figures stated there are at least $13.4 billion unused iPhones worldwide.
It has since then expanded to include the UK and just last week, France.
"iPhones hold great value. So, Apple Retail Stores in Canada are launching a new program to assist customers who wish to bring in their previous-generation iPhone for reuse or recycling," an Apple spokesperson said. "In addition to helping support the environment, customers will be able to receive a credit for their returned phone that they can use toward the purchase of a new iPhone."
Customers, either personal or business, can bring in phones that aren't working.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- China Military PLA Drills Affect Flights, Hundreds Cancelled
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: EU Feared Won't Ever Enforce Sanctions on Russia; All Talk, No Force
- U.S. Flights to Israel Now Lifted, Flights To and From Tel Aviv Resume – FAA
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand Raises Interest Rates Due to 'Unsustainable' Kiwi
- Embattled Malaysia Airlines Could Run Out of Cash 2015; Diverts Plane Over Another War Zone After MH17 Crash
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown