HTC One Up Release Date in Mar. 25 as Photos of Phone Covers Leaked
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 11, 2014 2:02 PM EST
HTC One Up release date was set on Mar. 25 but photos of alleged phone covers emerged online.
Leading tipster in mobile industry @evleaks tweeted a new set of photos of the successor of the HTC One. HTC One Up will be unveiled in a launch event on Mar. 25 in New York and London but the smartphone covers was revealed ahead of time hinting on the design of the device.
The new set of photos revealed a set of colourful phone covers coming in red, green, black and blue. The cover comes with tiny holes that allow LED lights to shine through. The covers allow the users to view the local time and weather without the need to take the handset from the case.
The covers give users the ability to view the local time and weather without having to remove the phone from the case. This hinted that HTC One Up will have a similar design with the previous HTC One.
@evleaks also tweeted alleged photos of HTC One Up. The photos showed smartphones with Verizon and AT&T logos. Thus, this confirmed that consumers may avail the upcoming device in those aforementioned carriers. Surprisingly, the photos showed that the handset looked very similar to the gold version of HTC One.
According to the rumours, the handset will sport a dual camera lenses, a dual-LED flash and twin BoomSound speakers. Also, the upcoming smartphone may have a slimmer bezel compared to the previous HTC One and the keys were moved to the display.
Furthermore, HTC One Up was reported to pack new features such as dual camera, Kitkat OS and fingerprint sensor. It was heavily rumoured that the next generation of HTC One will pack two cameras at the back. HTC was already rolling out the latest Android OS update to previous HTC handsets. Thus, it is most likely HTC's new handset will pack the new operating system from Google - Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS. Lastly, HTC One Max already packed a fingerprint sensor. Thus, there is a big chance that HTC One 2 will pack the same technology but improve its features.
According to Latin Post, the new HTC smartphone will also come with a Google Play edition, which will boast the latest Android features such as fast software updates, video streaming, emailing and web surfing.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Feature Retina Scanner Challenging iPad Retina and iPhone 6
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015