Nokia Lumia 635: New Nokia Phone Spotted at FCC Database with Model Number RM-979
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 11, 2014 1:48 PM EST
The Nokia Lumia 630 smartphone previously appeared at the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) listing and now it is the Nokia Lumia 635 Windows Phone handset's turn to show up on the database. The rumoured dual-SIM version got listed in the FCC database with the model number Nokia RM-979.
According to the Ubergizmo report, the description on the Nokia Lumia 635 reveals the device will have a couple of SIM card slots that use the same antenna and transmitter chain. Click HERE to read the document's description of the antenna.
The FCC database on the Nokia Lumia 635 showed as well the device running on a variant of the Windows Phone 8 OS. The Nokia Lumia 630 and 635 are expected to be the first Nokia handsets running on the latest Windows Phone 8.1 platform.
Additionally, the Nokia RM-979 listing revealed the handset's dimensions similar to its single-SIM variant which is 66.7mm x 129.5mm in height, a battery that can be replaced and the availability of a microSD card slot for memory storage expansion.
The Inferse report on the Nokia Lumia 630 and 635 revealed more on the Nokia handset's leaked press render as well as the device's announcement set to take place at the April 19 event. Notable device source @evleaks recently shared on Twitter a press render of the Nokia Lumia 630 with the speculation that the Nokia Lumia 635 will have the same look.
Nokia Lumia 630, 2014 pic.twitter.com/a9DZojuQTk
— @evleaks (@evleaks) March 6, 2014
The leaked image showed the Nokia Lumia 630 sporting the five bright colour options of black, white, yellow, orange and green with the 4.5-inch screen display having 854x480p resolution but without the physical buttons. The report further noted that the new Nokia Lumia device given the codename "Moneypenny" will be marketed as the Nokia Lumia 630 and 635 in the emerging markets like India and China.
The Finnish smartphone manufacturer is reportedly making preparations to announce the Nokia Lumia 630 and 635 at an event scheduled to take place on April 19. Another device expected to be annnounced is the Nokia Lumia "Martini" or the Nokia Lumia 930 Windows Phone handset which appears to be the global variant of the Nokia Lumia "Icon" bearing the similar counterparts when it comes to hardware.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales