Lorde to Tour Australia: Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 11, 2014 1:41 PM EST
Teen superstar Lorde is set to go on an Australian Tour, including Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane from April 24 to May 6. The New Zealand daughter is going to have her first all ages concert tour.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
According to billboard.com, Lorde was the first New Zealand solo artist to have a No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, when her album "Royals" was on top for more than two months. Ella Yelich-O'Connor, or popularly known as Lorde, is also Grammy and Brit Award winner.
Lorde won two Grammy awards including record of the year for her album "Royals" in January and the Brit award for best international female in February. But before that, Lorde became the first solo female to top out Billboard's Nielsen BDS-based Alternative Songs chart in more than 17 years.
Also, the young superstar has landed three songs in the top 15 "Hottest 100 Poll" conducted by broadcaster Triple J. And Lorde's records, "Royals/The Love Club EP" is a six-times certified platinum, while "Pure Heroine" reaches double platinum.
Lorde is to play on her first biggest venues yet. According to music.com.au, the young superstar used to play clubs in Sydney and Melbourne. But since Lorde became phenomenal, the singer developed a brand new live show for her Australian Tour.
Concert tickets will be available on sale to Frontier Members on Thursday, March 13 at 2 p.m. (AEDT) with general public tickets going on sale on Friday, March 21 at 9 a.m.
According to smh.com, fans will be able to buy general tickets from 9 a.m. on Friday, March 21, at the ticketmaster.com.au for Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane, or ticketek.com.au for Adelaide, Sydney and Newcastle.
''I'm so pumped,'' Lorde told Matt and Alex early morning on March 10, on Triple J Breakfast. ''I've only played the smaller clubs in Australia and the festival [circuit]. I'm ready to play my own shows in large venues.
''It's definitely a step up," Lorde said. "We've really stepped up our production and light show; it's a whole new thing now. I don't want to give anything away but it's pretty special.''
The Australian tour, according to billboard.com, is promoted by Frontier Touring and is supported by Triple J and Spotify.
Here is the schedule for Lorde's Australian Tour:
1. April 24 - Festival Hall, West Melbourne
2. April 27 - Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Adelaide
3. April 29 - Challenge Stadium, Perth
4. May 2 - Hordern Pavillion, Sydney
5. May 4 - Entertainment Centre, Newcastle
6. May 6 - Riverstage, Brisbane
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight