NBA Prediction: Phoenix Suns vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 11, 2014 1:07 PM EST
The Suns visit the Clippers on Tuesday in a game that matches up two of the league’s best point guards in Goran Dragic and Chris Paul.
Regular Season Series Tied at 1-1
NBA: Sacramento Kings at Los Angeles Clippers
The Phoenix Suns and Los Angeles Clippers have already met twice this season and curiously, the road team has pulled off the upset win in both games.
Dragic led the game in scoring with 26 points and added 8 assists and 5 steals in the Suns 107-88 victory in Los Angeles on December 30. Gerald Green added 21 points off the bench for Phoenix.
The Clippers returned the favor last Tuesday when Matt Barnes exploded for 28 points for the 104-86 win at Phoenix. Blake Griffin had 22 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists while DeAndre Jordan had 10 points, 17 rebounds and 2 blocked shots. Paul finished with 14 points and 9 assists.
The Race for 8th
This appears to be a more crucial game for the Suns, which has dropped out of the playoff picture after losing to Golden State, 113-107 in their last outing. Doubled with a Memphis Grizzlies win, the Phoenix and Memphis are now tied with a 36-26 win-loss card. The Grizzlies lead the season series, 3-0 and wins the tiebreaker for the 8th and final spot of the Western Conference.
Seven in a Row, Blowouts Everywhere
Los Angeles has won seven in a row including big wins over the likes of Houston Rockets, 101-93 and Oklahoma City, 125-117. On the average they got these victories by an average of over 16.0 point margin of victory.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Lines: Phoenix Suns (+10.5) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (O/U: 218.0)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Phoenix Suns Trends
- The Suns are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Suns are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Suns are 20-8 ATS in their last 28 games on the road
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- The Clippers are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games vs. West teams
- The Clippers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Pacific division teams
The Clippers learned their lesson: do not underestimate these Suns. They did take the Suns lightly and the first meeting and adjusted accordingly when they took down Phoenix on the road. Clippers win the game and cover the spread as the total score goes over, 119-103.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy