NBA Prediction: Phoenix Suns vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 11, 2014 1:07 PM EST
The Suns visit the Clippers on Tuesday in a game that matches up two of the league’s best point guards in Goran Dragic and Chris Paul.
Regular Season Series Tied at 1-1
NBA: Sacramento Kings at Los Angeles Clippers
The Phoenix Suns and Los Angeles Clippers have already met twice this season and curiously, the road team has pulled off the upset win in both games.
Dragic led the game in scoring with 26 points and added 8 assists and 5 steals in the Suns 107-88 victory in Los Angeles on December 30. Gerald Green added 21 points off the bench for Phoenix.
The Clippers returned the favor last Tuesday when Matt Barnes exploded for 28 points for the 104-86 win at Phoenix. Blake Griffin had 22 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists while DeAndre Jordan had 10 points, 17 rebounds and 2 blocked shots. Paul finished with 14 points and 9 assists.
The Race for 8th
This appears to be a more crucial game for the Suns, which has dropped out of the playoff picture after losing to Golden State, 113-107 in their last outing. Doubled with a Memphis Grizzlies win, the Phoenix and Memphis are now tied with a 36-26 win-loss card. The Grizzlies lead the season series, 3-0 and wins the tiebreaker for the 8th and final spot of the Western Conference.
Seven in a Row, Blowouts Everywhere
Los Angeles has won seven in a row including big wins over the likes of Houston Rockets, 101-93 and Oklahoma City, 125-117. On the average they got these victories by an average of over 16.0 point margin of victory.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Lines: Phoenix Suns (+10.5) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (O/U: 218.0)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Phoenix Suns Trends
- The Suns are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Suns are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Suns are 20-8 ATS in their last 28 games on the road
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- The Clippers are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games vs. West teams
- The Clippers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Pacific division teams
The Clippers learned their lesson: do not underestimate these Suns. They did take the Suns lightly and the first meeting and adjusted accordingly when they took down Phoenix on the road. Clippers win the game and cover the spread as the total score goes over, 119-103.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group Stage: Puerto Rico vs. Argentina Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: France vs. Serbia Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports