Call of Duty: Ghosts vs. Battlefield 4: New Devastation DLC Details and BF4 Server Rentals Arriving on Consoles
By Gel Galang | March 11, 2014 12:46 PM EST
The next Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC has finally been revealed, and it's titled Devastation. The second expansion will bring in new multiplayer maps and a new weapon for Infinity Ward's shooter game.
The four maps, according to GameSpot, will be Ruins, Behemoth, Collision and Unearthed, all of which feature different landscapes and missions. Ruins takes you to Mexico and a Mayan temple where a Field Order completion will cause the volcano to explode.
Collision takes you to New York in a container ship to test your gun strategies, Unearthed takes from Modern Warfare 3's Dome map, where you can use a secret alien weapon once you unlock a special Field Order. Lastly, there's Behemoth, where you'll be in South America trying out your sniping abilities on an excavation platform.
The second episode for Extinction Mode will also be dropping by with the Devastation DLC. According to the report, this will feature a deeper conspiracy and one where players will be battling against new aliens and a Kraken. As a follow-up to the Michael Myers in Onslaught, another film character will make an appearance, though there are no announcements yet of who that will be.
Season pass owners will instantly get access to the Ripper, a new weapon that can be used in multiplayer maps. The Ripper allows you to go from handling an SMG to an Assault Rifle easily, and it's already available for the Xbox One and Xbox 360.
As usual, the Devastation DLC will be a timed exclusive for the Xbox One and Xbox 360, and is scheduled to drop on April 3. Here's the official trailer for the Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation DLC.
BF4 to get the Naval Strike DLC and rental servers
Naval Strike, the next expansion for Battlefield 4 is coming later this month, but DICE is hyping up the players for the Carrier Assault game mode coming with the expansion.
"Battlefield 2142 and Titan mode veterans will feel right at home with Carrier Assault, with the unique focus of giving players several options to win the match--either through map control or close quarter fighting inside the enemy HQ. The differences in setting and time period do however make Carrier Assault a fresh experience, and we hope you will get the same thrill out of parachute-spawning down to a carrier as you did when blasting off in a rocket pod towards a Titan," said Gustav Halling, lead gameplay designer, over at Battlefield Blog.
According to Halling, the developers have tried to make sure that, despite the familiar feel of the old Titan mode, the end game has been designed with a unique feeing so it will stand on its own as an engaging new mode.
In addition, Polygon has also spotted in the Battlelog forums the announcement of rentable servers becoming available soon.
"Indeed, it is coming. I'm afraid we don't have any information on this quite yet, but it is coming soon! Keep your eyes peeled on the Control Room and Battlefield blog, as those are most likely where you'll see it announced first," said EA_Stiv in the Battlelog forums.
This was in response to a query on PS4 servers, but hopefully it will arrive on both consoles, as rental servers are only available for the Windows PC version of the game.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone