Top 10 World's Richest Footballers of 2014
March 11, 2014 12:03 PM EST
REVEALED: The Top 10 Richest Footballers in the World
David Beckham's reign is over because Cristiano Ronaldo is now the richest footballer in the world with a total estimated earnings of £122 million. Beckham was named the richest footballer in 2013, earning £165 million but after his retirement, he was ousted for the contest for the yearly Goal Rich List.
According to NDTV Sports, Ronaldo has not only ended Beckham's reign as the world's richest footballer but the 28-year-old Portuguese athlete has also defeated long-time rival Lionel Messi. Ronaldo, who had beaten Messi in the coveted 2013 Ballon d'Or Trophy, had beaten the Argentine footballer in terms of financial compensations as well. Ronaldo's lucrative five-year contract with Real Madrid in 2013 and his huge Nike sponsorship deal add to his fortune.
The Goal Rich List was officially unveiled on March 10 on its official Web site.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'