More than BFFs: Did Lorde Hint She's in a Lesbian Affair with Taylor Swift?
By charmaine corne clutton | March 11, 2014 11:21 AM EST
The Grammy award best buddies are seemingly taking things to another level-according to HollywoodLife.com, the "Royals" allegedly hinted at a blossoming relationship with her BFF Taylor Swift in an interview with Kiss FM's Kylie Sandilands.
Pop Singer Lorde poses backstage with her awards for Song of the Year for "Royals" and Best Pop Solo performance also for "Royals" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014.
"I see you guys [in] pictures everywhere. Are you guys together now? Not together as in lesbians, I'm not talking about 'Ellen together,' I'm talking about, like you guys are friendly right?" Kylie Sandilands of Kiss FM asked the 17-year old New Zealander singer in an interview.
"What do you mean you're not talking about 'Ellen together?... Is there something wrong with lesbians," Lorde vehemently answered the interviewer. At such a young age, Lorde is already aware of her influence in social issues.
Sandilands then tried to press on the young singer with lesbian queries to get a juicy scoop on his FM timeslot.
"Oh my god no, I would love that! Are you going to confirm now you're in a lesbian relationship with her [Taylor Swift]?" Sandilands answered to Lorde's apprehensive tone. After the prying question, awkwardness started to creep in the set. Lorde nonchalantly brushed off the allegations, saying that, "Don't even try it." Lorde has maintained that there is nothing more between her and best pal Taylor Swift.
The two have gotten really close as seen with their frequent rendezvous together such as hanging out in Paradise Cove for a girls day out, partying together after the Oscars and shopping together in New York. The singer duo has various selfies to prove their friendship to the world. Despite the closeness of the two, the duo is yet to join forces in the studio.
In other news, it is said that Taylor Swift replaced best pal Selena Gomez for the "Royals" singer. "I Knew You Were Trouble" songstress is allegedly against the reunion of Gomez and her ex-flame Justin Bieber. The feud rumors started when the two did not hangout during the Vanity Fair party, where Gomez was seen getting close to "High School Musical" star Vanessa Hudgens. However, a source revealed that there is no falling out between the Gomez and Swift. The two camps just have different networks when it comes to partying.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans