More than BFFs: Did Lorde Hint She's in a Lesbian Affair with Taylor Swift?
By charmaine corne clutton | March 11, 2014 11:21 AM EST
The Grammy award best buddies are seemingly taking things to another level-according to HollywoodLife.com, the "Royals" allegedly hinted at a blossoming relationship with her BFF Taylor Swift in an interview with Kiss FM's Kylie Sandilands.
Pop Singer Lorde poses backstage with her awards for Song of the Year for "Royals" and Best Pop Solo performance also for "Royals" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014.
"I see you guys [in] pictures everywhere. Are you guys together now? Not together as in lesbians, I'm not talking about 'Ellen together,' I'm talking about, like you guys are friendly right?" Kylie Sandilands of Kiss FM asked the 17-year old New Zealander singer in an interview.
"What do you mean you're not talking about 'Ellen together?... Is there something wrong with lesbians," Lorde vehemently answered the interviewer. At such a young age, Lorde is already aware of her influence in social issues.
Sandilands then tried to press on the young singer with lesbian queries to get a juicy scoop on his FM timeslot.
"Oh my god no, I would love that! Are you going to confirm now you're in a lesbian relationship with her [Taylor Swift]?" Sandilands answered to Lorde's apprehensive tone. After the prying question, awkwardness started to creep in the set. Lorde nonchalantly brushed off the allegations, saying that, "Don't even try it." Lorde has maintained that there is nothing more between her and best pal Taylor Swift.
The two have gotten really close as seen with their frequent rendezvous together such as hanging out in Paradise Cove for a girls day out, partying together after the Oscars and shopping together in New York. The singer duo has various selfies to prove their friendship to the world. Despite the closeness of the two, the duo is yet to join forces in the studio.
In other news, it is said that Taylor Swift replaced best pal Selena Gomez for the "Royals" singer. "I Knew You Were Trouble" songstress is allegedly against the reunion of Gomez and her ex-flame Justin Bieber. The feud rumors started when the two did not hangout during the Vanity Fair party, where Gomez was seen getting close to "High School Musical" star Vanessa Hudgens. However, a source revealed that there is no falling out between the Gomez and Swift. The two camps just have different networks when it comes to partying.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast