More than BFFs: Did Lorde Hint She's in a Lesbian Affair with Taylor Swift?
By charmaine corne clutton | March 11, 2014 11:21 AM EST
The Grammy award best buddies are seemingly taking things to another level-according to HollywoodLife.com, the "Royals" allegedly hinted at a blossoming relationship with her BFF Taylor Swift in an interview with Kiss FM's Kylie Sandilands.
Pop Singer Lorde poses backstage with her awards for Song of the Year for "Royals" and Best Pop Solo performance also for "Royals" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014.
"I see you guys [in] pictures everywhere. Are you guys together now? Not together as in lesbians, I'm not talking about 'Ellen together,' I'm talking about, like you guys are friendly right?" Kylie Sandilands of Kiss FM asked the 17-year old New Zealander singer in an interview.
"What do you mean you're not talking about 'Ellen together?... Is there something wrong with lesbians," Lorde vehemently answered the interviewer. At such a young age, Lorde is already aware of her influence in social issues.
Sandilands then tried to press on the young singer with lesbian queries to get a juicy scoop on his FM timeslot.
"Oh my god no, I would love that! Are you going to confirm now you're in a lesbian relationship with her [Taylor Swift]?" Sandilands answered to Lorde's apprehensive tone. After the prying question, awkwardness started to creep in the set. Lorde nonchalantly brushed off the allegations, saying that, "Don't even try it." Lorde has maintained that there is nothing more between her and best pal Taylor Swift.
The two have gotten really close as seen with their frequent rendezvous together such as hanging out in Paradise Cove for a girls day out, partying together after the Oscars and shopping together in New York. The singer duo has various selfies to prove their friendship to the world. Despite the closeness of the two, the duo is yet to join forces in the studio.
In other news, it is said that Taylor Swift replaced best pal Selena Gomez for the "Royals" singer. "I Knew You Were Trouble" songstress is allegedly against the reunion of Gomez and her ex-flame Justin Bieber. The feud rumors started when the two did not hangout during the Vanity Fair party, where Gomez was seen getting close to "High School Musical" star Vanessa Hudgens. However, a source revealed that there is no falling out between the Gomez and Swift. The two camps just have different networks when it comes to partying.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan