Lost Poker Bet Makes Kiwi Man Change Name to Full Metal Havok More Sexy N Intelligent Than Spock And All The Superheroes Combined With Frostnova
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 11, 2014 10:30 AM EST
A New Zealand man changed his name to a 99-character name after he lost a drunken bet in a poker game. His new name is Full Metal Havok More Sexy N Intelligent Than Spock And All The Superheroes Combined With Frostnova.
The man's identification card would surely be a big one since it would be the name that appears on official documents such as passport and driver's licence after the New Zealand government approved his request.
However, his request almost got rejected because the legal limit is 100 characters.
In the past, New Zealand's Department of Internal Affairs has turned down weird baby names such as Majesty, King, Knight, Princess, Anal, V8, Mafia No Fear and Lucifer because such names could offend a reasonable person, unreasonably long, includes numbers or symbols or without sufficient justification resembles an official title or rank.
YouTube/The Young Turks
The name change was made public by a friend of the long-named 22-year-old man from Dunedin when the former posted a message on an online body building forum to explain his friend's kilometric-long name was chosen by card player mates.
His friend lost the bet actually five years ago and he applied for a name change. To his surprise, he found out last week the department okayed his application, which was registered in March 2010, when his passport expired and he applied for a new identity document.
A department spokesman said Mr Frostnova could apply for another name change by filing up the necessary form and paying a NZ$127 fee.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS