Lost Poker Bet Makes Kiwi Man Change Name to Full Metal Havok More Sexy N Intelligent Than Spock And All The Superheroes Combined With Frostnova
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 11, 2014 10:30 AM EST
A New Zealand man changed his name to a 99-character name after he lost a drunken bet in a poker game. His new name is Full Metal Havok More Sexy N Intelligent Than Spock And All The Superheroes Combined With Frostnova.
The man's identification card would surely be a big one since it would be the name that appears on official documents such as passport and driver's licence after the New Zealand government approved his request.
However, his request almost got rejected because the legal limit is 100 characters.
In the past, New Zealand's Department of Internal Affairs has turned down weird baby names such as Majesty, King, Knight, Princess, Anal, V8, Mafia No Fear and Lucifer because such names could offend a reasonable person, unreasonably long, includes numbers or symbols or without sufficient justification resembles an official title or rank.
YouTube/The Young Turks
The name change was made public by a friend of the long-named 22-year-old man from Dunedin when the former posted a message on an online body building forum to explain his friend's kilometric-long name was chosen by card player mates.
His friend lost the bet actually five years ago and he applied for a name change. To his surprise, he found out last week the department okayed his application, which was registered in March 2010, when his passport expired and he applied for a new identity document.
A department spokesman said Mr Frostnova could apply for another name change by filing up the necessary form and paying a NZ$127 fee.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- UFO Falling 'Angel Hair' Strands Spotted By Portugal Residents [VIDEO]
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast