Lost Poker Bet Makes Kiwi Man Change Name to Full Metal Havok More Sexy N Intelligent Than Spock And All The Superheroes Combined With Frostnova
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 11, 2014 10:30 AM EST
A New Zealand man changed his name to a 99-character name after he lost a drunken bet in a poker game. His new name is Full Metal Havok More Sexy N Intelligent Than Spock And All The Superheroes Combined With Frostnova.
The man's identification card would surely be a big one since it would be the name that appears on official documents such as passport and driver's licence after the New Zealand government approved his request.
However, his request almost got rejected because the legal limit is 100 characters.
In the past, New Zealand's Department of Internal Affairs has turned down weird baby names such as Majesty, King, Knight, Princess, Anal, V8, Mafia No Fear and Lucifer because such names could offend a reasonable person, unreasonably long, includes numbers or symbols or without sufficient justification resembles an official title or rank.
YouTube/The Young Turks
The name change was made public by a friend of the long-named 22-year-old man from Dunedin when the former posted a message on an online body building forum to explain his friend's kilometric-long name was chosen by card player mates.
His friend lost the bet actually five years ago and he applied for a name change. To his surprise, he found out last week the department okayed his application, which was registered in March 2010, when his passport expired and he applied for a new identity document.
A department spokesman said Mr Frostnova could apply for another name change by filing up the necessary form and paying a NZ$127 fee.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar