Lost Poker Bet Makes Kiwi Man Change Name to Full Metal Havok More Sexy N Intelligent Than Spock And All The Superheroes Combined With Frostnova
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 11, 2014 10:30 AM EST
A New Zealand man changed his name to a 99-character name after he lost a drunken bet in a poker game. His new name is Full Metal Havok More Sexy N Intelligent Than Spock And All The Superheroes Combined With Frostnova.
A dealer places the turn on the table in Budapest September 15, 2009.
The man's identification card would surely be a big one since it would be the name that appears on official documents such as passport and driver's licence after the New Zealand government approved his request.
However, his request almost got rejected because the legal limit is 100 characters.
In the past, New Zealand's Department of Internal Affairs has turned down weird baby names such as Majesty, King, Knight, Princess, Anal, V8, Mafia No Fear and Lucifer because such names could offend a reasonable person, unreasonably long, includes numbers or symbols or without sufficient justification resembles an official title or rank.
YouTube/The Young Turks
The name change was made public by a friend of the long-named 22-year-old man from Dunedin when the former posted a message on an online body building forum to explain his friend's kilometric-long name was chosen by card player mates.
His friend lost the bet actually five years ago and he applied for a name change. To his surprise, he found out last week the department okayed his application, which was registered in March 2010, when his passport expired and he applied for a new identity document.
A department spokesman said Mr Frostnova could apply for another name change by filing up the necessary form and paying a NZ$127 fee.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales