Lost Poker Bet Makes Kiwi Man Change Name to Full Metal Havok More Sexy N Intelligent Than Spock And All The Superheroes Combined With Frostnova
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 11, 2014 10:30 AM EST
A New Zealand man changed his name to a 99-character name after he lost a drunken bet in a poker game. His new name is Full Metal Havok More Sexy N Intelligent Than Spock And All The Superheroes Combined With Frostnova.
The man's identification card would surely be a big one since it would be the name that appears on official documents such as passport and driver's licence after the New Zealand government approved his request.
However, his request almost got rejected because the legal limit is 100 characters.
In the past, New Zealand's Department of Internal Affairs has turned down weird baby names such as Majesty, King, Knight, Princess, Anal, V8, Mafia No Fear and Lucifer because such names could offend a reasonable person, unreasonably long, includes numbers or symbols or without sufficient justification resembles an official title or rank.
YouTube/The Young Turks
The name change was made public by a friend of the long-named 22-year-old man from Dunedin when the former posted a message on an online body building forum to explain his friend's kilometric-long name was chosen by card player mates.
His friend lost the bet actually five years ago and he applied for a name change. To his surprise, he found out last week the department okayed his application, which was registered in March 2010, when his passport expired and he applied for a new identity document.
A department spokesman said Mr Frostnova could apply for another name change by filing up the necessary form and paying a NZ$127 fee.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- 'Green Alien Eggs' Spotted on Sydney's Dee Why Beach
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- British Teenager Wants Her Leg Cut To be Able To Compete At Paralympics – Watch Video
- Pope Francis, Catholic Church Key To Climate Change Effort
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues