Harry Styles Becoming a 'Stranger' in One Direction Group: Possible Solo Career in the Future?
By Diadem Pambid | March 11, 2014 10:27 AM EST
After the constant rumours of a solo career attempt, it appears as if these talks are close to becoming reality. Reports have it that Harry Styles of One Direction is slowly becoming a "virtual stranger" to the other members of the band. Does this mean a solo career might just be in the works?
Singer Harry Styles from the band One Direction attends the world premiere of the film "The Class of 92" in London December 1, 2013.
Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne and Zayn Malik make up the world's most successful boy band to date. Just a month ago, these British crooners nabbed three awards at the BRIT Awards. During their acceptance speech, Styles was nowhere in sight but appeared out of breath running towards the stage claiming he had to "go wee."
This stunt has allegedly worried the boys which add to the growing worries that Harry has been slowly cutting off contact from the rest of the band.
"There were a couple of the lads who thought Harry did it on purpose just to get all the attention," says a source in a report by Independent, adding, "It's as if Harry isn't part of the group. It's going to come to a head now because for the first time in months they are going to be spending every day together as they rehearse for this summer's tour."
Styles' "distant" behaviour has only worried the rest of the band. Could a solo career attempt already be in the works? For one, the curly-haired cutie has been spotted solo during fashion show weeks and he's been spending an awful amount of time in the US. The distance between him and the rest of 1D has created tension that might not easily be resolved once the boys reunite for their tour.
"The boys want reassurances from Harry that he's in the group for the long haul. They won't let him just use them for his own career ambitions. They want to know what's really going on. It's like he has two separate lives now. One in America and his work with the band. Now he's going to come back in and act like they are all best mates again? It's unlikely!" reports TVNZ.
Judging from Harry's actions as of late, is he really attempting to go on a solo career and leave One Direction for good?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide