Harry Styles Becoming a 'Stranger' in One Direction Group: Possible Solo Career in the Future?
By Diadem Pambid | March 11, 2014 10:27 AM EST
After the constant rumours of a solo career attempt, it appears as if these talks are close to becoming reality. Reports have it that Harry Styles of One Direction is slowly becoming a "virtual stranger" to the other members of the band. Does this mean a solo career might just be in the works?
Singer Harry Styles from the band One Direction attends the world premiere of the film "The Class of 92" in London December 1, 2013.
Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne and Zayn Malik make up the world's most successful boy band to date. Just a month ago, these British crooners nabbed three awards at the BRIT Awards. During their acceptance speech, Styles was nowhere in sight but appeared out of breath running towards the stage claiming he had to "go wee."
This stunt has allegedly worried the boys which add to the growing worries that Harry has been slowly cutting off contact from the rest of the band.
"There were a couple of the lads who thought Harry did it on purpose just to get all the attention," says a source in a report by Independent, adding, "It's as if Harry isn't part of the group. It's going to come to a head now because for the first time in months they are going to be spending every day together as they rehearse for this summer's tour."
Styles' "distant" behaviour has only worried the rest of the band. Could a solo career attempt already be in the works? For one, the curly-haired cutie has been spotted solo during fashion show weeks and he's been spending an awful amount of time in the US. The distance between him and the rest of 1D has created tension that might not easily be resolved once the boys reunite for their tour.
"The boys want reassurances from Harry that he's in the group for the long haul. They won't let him just use them for his own career ambitions. They want to know what's really going on. It's like he has two separate lives now. One in America and his work with the band. Now he's going to come back in and act like they are all best mates again? It's unlikely!" reports TVNZ.
Judging from Harry's actions as of late, is he really attempting to go on a solo career and leave One Direction for good?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists