Malaysian Airlines Flight 370: Fate of Missing Jet Still Unknown, Oil Slick & Floating Debris Not from Boeing 777 (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 11, 2014 10:24 AM EST
A man travelling on a stolen passport on the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 was a young Iranian who has no links to terrorists.
Because authorities are still clueless what really happened to the Boeing 777 jet of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370, they are now considering other explanations behind the mysterious disappearance of the ill-fated plane.
Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, the civil aviation chief of Malaysia, raised the spectre of engine failure, pilot error or suicide.
Despite the use of 40 vessels and 34 aircraft for the multinational search-and-rescue mission, there is still no conclusive clue or evidence that the plane had crashed into Vietnam waters despite the discovery of an oil slick and debris.
The debris turned out to be a sea cable covered with moss, not a life raft.
Australia Sends 2 P3C Orions to Aid Search.docx" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Malaysian Flight 370: Plane Turned Back Toward Kuala Lumpur Before Disappearing Australia Sends 2 P3C Orions to Aid Search
Authorities are also looking into the possible terrorism angle as it acquired more information about the two identity thieves who used stolen Italian and Austrian passports to board the jet.
Reports said that a certain Mr Ali purchased the tickets of the two from a travel agent. Grand Horizon travel agency owner Benjamin Krutnait said that the man sought cheap airfares without specifying Malaysian Airlines.
Mr Rahman disclosed that the two were not Asian-looking, which belied the previous statement made by the Malaysian home minister that the imposters had Asian appearance, and they passed through all security protocols before the boarded the aircraft.
It includes screening of the persons and their baggage, including hand-carried items which fully met all immigration security standards. Given these information, the other explanation for the use of the stolen passport is the two being part or clients of a stolen passport syndicate.
YouTube/The Hollywood Life
Officials also disclosed that five passengers checked-in but didn't board the plane and their luggage were taken off the jet, although officers are still unclear if the five are involved at all with the mystery behind the missing jet.
After three days of search, the only conclusion reached is that the missing plane remains a mystery.
Meanwhile, an email was sent to various media in China from an unknown group called Chinese Martyr's Brigade which claimed it was behind the disappearance of the plane. The email warned, "You kill one of our clan, we will kill 100 of you as payback," although Malaysia believes it is a hoax.
However, what is not a mystery but a quandary is the impact of the disappearance on Malaysian Airlines' bottom line.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Woman Accuses Labor Leader of 1986 Rape When She was 16; Shorten Admits Being Probed But Says He Was Cleared
- Sydney Fashion Designer Jodhi Meares’ Driver License Suspended for Drunk-Driving
- Intelligence Agencies Hunt for James Foley Beheader Using Voice Recognition Technology, Journalist Was Warned by GlobalPost Editor Not to Go to Libya
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao KOs Philippine Taxman as Supreme Court Stops Agency from Requiring P4.2 Billion Surety Bond from Champ
- British PM David Cameron Cuts Short Summer Holiday to Lead Hunt for Foley Beheader; Abbott Calls Decapitation ‘Pure Evil’
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter