Shakira Wants to Have Nine Kids and Make a Football Team with Partner Gerard Pique!
By nidhi tewari | March 11, 2014 9:54 AM EST
Shakira has opened up about her love life, babies and how her son Milan changed her life, in a new interview with the magazine "Latina." The Colombian singer looks stylish with her poker straight long hair (a refreshing change from the unruly curly haired Shakira we always see) on the cover of the magazine as she gazes directly into the camera. The "Hips Don't Lie" singer told the magazine how she would want to have at least eight or nine kids and make her own football team! However her music commitments are forcing her to control her desires.
The beautiful singer, who has a one-year-old Milan with partner Gerard Pique, says she and Gerard are two very similar personalities. "We're very much alike. We're so similar. Our personalities are so similar we don't understand how we get along so well, being so similar," the singer told the magazine.
"We're so compatible. We want the same things, we like the same things, we hate the same things. We're so passionate the same way, we need passion the same way," added Shakira.
Shakira also told the magazine that having a child has made her more focused and goal oriented. "He has taught me how to simplify because he requires me most of the time. So I have to kind of learn how to be a little more direct with my own work, with the way I tackle my work," the 37-year-old told the Web site.
"The Voice" judge also opened up about her upcoming new album. Shakira's manager wanted to do the album as quick as he could but she knew that it will require a lot of effort from her side especially now after being a mom.
"I remember when I met my manager he said, 'We're going to do this album in two months.' And I started laughing and said, 'You don't know me Jay. This is going to be two years,' and that's exactly what it took," the Colombian songstress told the magazine.
Shakira also revealed how she finds herself mentoring the aspiring singers during "The Voice" series quite "funny." "It's funny to see me in this role of being a mentor and helping out other young singers achieve their own goals and shape their artistic personality," the singer told the magazine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers