Shakira Wants to Have Nine Kids and Make a Football Team with Partner Gerard Pique!
By nidhi tewari | March 11, 2014 9:54 AM EST
Shakira has opened up about her love life, babies and how her son Milan changed her life, in a new interview with the magazine "Latina." The Colombian singer looks stylish with her poker straight long hair (a refreshing change from the unruly curly haired Shakira we always see) on the cover of the magazine as she gazes directly into the camera. The "Hips Don't Lie" singer told the magazine how she would want to have at least eight or nine kids and make her own football team! However her music commitments are forcing her to control her desires.
The beautiful singer, who has a one-year-old Milan with partner Gerard Pique, says she and Gerard are two very similar personalities. "We're very much alike. We're so similar. Our personalities are so similar we don't understand how we get along so well, being so similar," the singer told the magazine.
"We're so compatible. We want the same things, we like the same things, we hate the same things. We're so passionate the same way, we need passion the same way," added Shakira.
Shakira also told the magazine that having a child has made her more focused and goal oriented. "He has taught me how to simplify because he requires me most of the time. So I have to kind of learn how to be a little more direct with my own work, with the way I tackle my work," the 37-year-old told the Web site.
"The Voice" judge also opened up about her upcoming new album. Shakira's manager wanted to do the album as quick as he could but she knew that it will require a lot of effort from her side especially now after being a mom.
"I remember when I met my manager he said, 'We're going to do this album in two months.' And I started laughing and said, 'You don't know me Jay. This is going to be two years,' and that's exactly what it took," the Colombian songstress told the magazine.
Shakira also revealed how she finds herself mentoring the aspiring singers during "The Voice" series quite "funny." "It's funny to see me in this role of being a mentor and helping out other young singers achieve their own goals and shape their artistic personality," the singer told the magazine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon