iPhone 6 Concept Video Hits Online; Will It Look Like iPad Mini and iPad Air? [VIDEO]
By Raymond Ronamai | March 11, 2014 1:47 AM EST
Apple Inc. has not revealed the release date of its flagship smartphone, iPhone 6 but speculations around the device keeps surfacing one after the other. And now, a new concept video of the next-generation smartphone that resembles iPad Mini and iPad Air has hit online.
Screenshot from YouTube Video
iPhone 6 in Sam Beckett's concept video
The mock up design of iPhone 6, which many say would be called iPhone Air, prepared by designer Sam Beckett in his 1.37 minute long video, shows a much thinner smartphone with a bigger screen and nine percent thinner than its predecessor. The video also shows the device with 4.7 display (1920x1080, 468ppi) and 10-megapixel sensor with an aperture of f/1.8.
"This is an idependently animated video for the purposes of visualising potential future hardware concepts," reads the disclaimer of the video.
Apple Inc. has not revealed the looks of its upcoming flagship smartphone but gadget lovers seem to love the mock up design as many viewers of the YouTube video commented positively.
"Have to admit that this looks pretty damn nice," commented Tony Robinson.
"I could totally see Apple using this or a similar concept for the iPhone 6. Nicely done!" wrote Don McAllister.
"This would have been a bit better if the back had a curved bevel edge like the iPads and iPod touch. I still liked it better than other concepts, though," commented CaptainKittyLitter.
With a rounded look, the iPhone 6 looks like iPad Mini and iPad Air in Sam Beckett's concept video. However, it's not known if the Cupertino giant will incorporate the designs shown in the video.
Conflicting reports have been doing the rounds on the release date of the device with some arguing that it would be unveiled at the WWDC event in June while others say the unveiling would happen only in September.
Several reports have claimed that iPhone 6 would have screen made of sapphire crystal glass and Apple has filed for patents like "Audio call screening for hosted voicemail systems," "Computer User Interface System and Methods," and "Systems and Methods for Preventing Light Guide Plate Scratching Artifacts," with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, suggestting that it could be incorporated in its new device.
iPhone 6 is expected to sport a 4.7/4.8' or 5.5' display with a 1920x1080p (440ppi), or a 2272×1280 (510ppi), powered by A8 chip (64-bit) and run on iOS 7.2. It is also expected to have a 1,800mAh battery, according to South Korean brokerage KDB Daewoo Securities.
VIDEO: iPhone Air Concept 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles