NBA Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Miami Heat Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 11, 2014 12:05 AM EST
The Miami Heat have not lost four in a row in three years. They need the efficient LeBron James back if they want to avoid a skid that long when they face the Washington Wizards, winners of 8 of their last 9 games.
NBA: Washington Wizards at Toronto Raptors
The Heat are mired in the longest losing streak of the season with losses to the Houston Rockets, San Antonio Spurs and Chicago Bulls in their last three games. The skid matches the losing streak they suffered in January when they lost to the Toronto Raptors, Brooklyn Nets and the Wizards.
Washington beat Miami, 114-97 in that game and covered as 5.5 home underdogs. The Heat took the first meeting between the two this season, 103-03 but failed to cover the 12.5 spread.
LeBron James can blame the mask and the jersey sleeves but he can also point to his struggles from the field in the last three outings. He has averaged 19.3 points per game and shot a combined 23-of-59 (38.9 per cent) from the field in this stretch-- both figures way below his average for the season.
Against the Bulls, James also committed a crucial turnover at the end of regulation that led to the extra period.
Washington won over lowly teams Utah Jazz, 104-91 and Milwaukee Bucks, 114-107 in their last two. Still, their efforts have led them to the fifth spot in the weak East Conference with a respectable 33-29 record. Trevor Ariza led the Wiz in scoring in the Bucks win with 28 points behind five 3-pointers and Bradley Beal added 23 points. Star point guard John Wall only had 9 points but had 13 assists.
Watch the Wizards vs. Heat via NBA League Pass.
Betting Against the Spreads (ATS)
Washington Wizards Trends
- The Wizards are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. East teams
- The Wizards are 22-8 ATS in their last 30 games on the road
- The Wizards are 20-7-3 ATS in their last 33 games vs. Southeast division teams
- The Wizards are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. the Heat in Miami
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Heat are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games at home
- The Heat are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
- The Heat are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. the Wizards in Miami
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia