Finding Flight MH370 Gets Tougher: Oil Slick and Life Raft Not from Malaysian Jet
By Johnlee Varghese | March 11, 2014 12:05 AM EST
A ray of hope of finally finding the missing flight MH370 went bleak again after the investigating agencies found that neither the life raft nor the oil slick are from the ill-fated plane.
The Malaysian Airlines have already stated that they are fearing the worst, and in all probability the Boeing 777 may have crashed.
The first clue that could have given the search parties some idea on the location of the aircraft was the oil slick found near the South China Sea, about 100 nautical miles from the Tok Bali Beach, in Kelantan.
Reports, however, have confirmed that the result of the oil that was sent for analysis was negative. Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency (MMEA) Eastern Region chief First Admiral Datuk Nasir Adam told Today Online that the samples do not belong to MH370, and is in fact from a ship.
Similarly, the Malaysian government on Monday had send ships to investigate a sighting of what could be a life raft, in its effort to trace the aircraft that was carrying 239 people.
However, reports now indicate that the object had been identified as a moss-covered cap of a cable reel and could not be from the Boeing 777.
Multiple reports have speculated that the aircraft, which was carrying people from 14 nationalities, may have fallen victim to a hijacking attempt, with investigators looking into how stolen passports - one Italian, one Austrian - were used to board the plane by two passengers.
Even as eight nations have joined the search for the locating the missing plane, no debris or wreckage has been found so far. This has only confirmed the fears that the Boeing jet may have disintegrated at an altitude of over 30,000ft.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Prince Harry Reunites With Cressida Bonas On ‘Sex Tape’ Date Amid Dating Camilla Thurlow Reports
- Modern Forensic Science Reveals Evidence Of Brutal Killing Of King Richard III
- Avril Lavigne And Husband Chad Kroeger Call It Quits
- Racist Note Stereotyping Asian Drivers Left on Parked Car in NSW Sparks Online Outrage
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best