Lenovo Folder Pad: Can This Tablet Give Microsoft Surface a Run For Its Money?
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 10, 2014 11:06 PM EST
Lenovo Folder Pad Tablet is a multimodal slate designed in a Microsoft Surface like style. Such tablet can be held in your hands or propped up like a touchscreen monitor supported by a flap (or similar to a kickstand), which pops out from the back side.
Red dot Design Award
Lenovo Folder Pad Tablet PC (From Red dot Design Award)
Specifications and the technicalities are not available for public scrutiny. Itechpost claimed the slate will come with stereo speakers, wedge-shaped design, and flat keyboard similar to Microsoft's Surface Touch Cover. By connecting to a wireless keyboard, this tablet can also be operated like a desktop PC.
As per Softpedia, the difference between the designs of Lenovo Folder Pad and Microsoft Surface is the keyboard. Surface targeted the laptop-like experience while Folder Pad apparently provided the desktop-like experience, with a keyboard detached from the tablet.
Lenovo's Folder Pad does look sleek, cool and innovative. With the tablet's appearance, the backside flap (kickstand), which extends in a diagonal way looks a bit delicate. Lenovo has taken care of the "stability" of the flap.
But will the inside look be as good as the outside? Stay tuned for more updates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness