Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Earnings Escalate, ‘Gulaab Gang’ Average and ‘Total Siyapaa’ Dull
By Ankita Mehta | March 10, 2014 10:25 PM EST
"Queen", "Gulaab Gang" and "Total Siyapaa" have performed poorly during their first weekend run at the domestic box office. All three films opened to lackluster responses but Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" has shown some growth during the Saturday and Sunday run.
"Queen", which started on a dull note, gained momentum during the weekend. On its opening day the film raked in only around ₹1.75 crore but on the second day the film witnessed a jump and collected ₹3.50 crore and, on third day i.e. Sunday, the business escalated further and it collected around ₹4.75 crore.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr. Total: ₹ 10 cr nett. India biz only," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The earnings of the Vikas Bahl directorial escalated because of positive word of mouth. From audiences to film stars, everyone has praised the film.
Recently, Aamir Khan took to Twitter to praise the film, director Bahl and lead star Ranaut.
Meanwhile, Madhuri Dixit Nene-Juhi Chawla starrer "Gulaab Gang" had an average opening weekend and raked in around ₹8.84 crore.
"#GulaabGang Fri 2.41 cr, Sat 2.97 cr, Sun 3.46 cr. Total: ₹ 8.84 cr nett. India biz only," Adarsh tweeted.
The the film did witness growth during the weekend but it was marginal compared to "Queen". The film was affected due to the confusion over its release.
The third film "Total Siyapaa", a romantic comedy, has failed to entertain audiences. Though the film was promoted extensively, it failed to garner audiences' attention.
The film, starring Ali Zafar and Yami Gautam in the lead roles, raked in around ₹4.09 crore in its opening weekend.
"#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr. Total: ₹ 4.09 cr nett. India biz only," Adarsh said.
Meanwhile, "Queen" is expected to dominate the first week over "Gulaab Gang" and "Total Siyapaa".
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced