NBA Preview: Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 10, 2014 10:21 PM EST
Behind an improved defense, the Toronto Raptors have shown legitimacy in owning the Atlantic division and being third place in the weak Eastern Conference. The Brooklyn Nets have turned it around lately as the division rivals meet on Monday night in Brooklyn.
NBA: Golden State Warriors at Toronto Raptors
The Nets (31-30) are four games behind the Raptors (35-26) for Atlantic division leadership and the third place in the weak Eastern Conference.
Surprisingly, Toronto is fourth overall in scoring defense in the entire NBA allowing just 97.1 points per game. The Raptors are 9-2 in their last 11 games and in those wins they did even better on D allowing just 93.3 PPG
Brooklyn has won four its last five outings and did it with their defense as well limiting the opposition to just 89.0 PPP in that stretch. Overall, Brooklyn allows 98.9 PPG or 9th best in the entire league.
Toronto is coming off a road win over the Minnesota Timberwolves, 111-104 led by Kyle Lowry, who had a triple-double with 20 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists. DeMar DeRozan top-scored for the Raps with 25 points and added 7 boards.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn treated the Sacramento Kings to a 104-89 blowout in their last game. Marcus Thornton had 27 points against his former team. Joe Johnson had 18 points and 5 dimes for Brooklyn.
Betting Lines: Toronto Raptors (+3) vs. Brooklyn Nets (O/U: 194.5)
Game time: 10:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 25-9-1 ATS in their last 35 games
- The Raptors are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games vs. East teams
- The Raptors are 21-7 ATS in their last 28 games on the road
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Nets are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games at home
- The Nets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Atlantic division teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates