NBA Preview: Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 10, 2014 10:21 PM EST
Behind an improved defense, the Toronto Raptors have shown legitimacy in owning the Atlantic division and being third place in the weak Eastern Conference. The Brooklyn Nets have turned it around lately as the division rivals meet on Monday night in Brooklyn.
NBA: Golden State Warriors at Toronto Raptors
The Nets (31-30) are four games behind the Raptors (35-26) for Atlantic division leadership and the third place in the weak Eastern Conference.
Surprisingly, Toronto is fourth overall in scoring defense in the entire NBA allowing just 97.1 points per game. The Raptors are 9-2 in their last 11 games and in those wins they did even better on D allowing just 93.3 PPG
Brooklyn has won four its last five outings and did it with their defense as well limiting the opposition to just 89.0 PPP in that stretch. Overall, Brooklyn allows 98.9 PPG or 9th best in the entire league.
Toronto is coming off a road win over the Minnesota Timberwolves, 111-104 led by Kyle Lowry, who had a triple-double with 20 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists. DeMar DeRozan top-scored for the Raps with 25 points and added 7 boards.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn treated the Sacramento Kings to a 104-89 blowout in their last game. Marcus Thornton had 27 points against his former team. Joe Johnson had 18 points and 5 dimes for Brooklyn.
Betting Lines: Toronto Raptors (+3) vs. Brooklyn Nets (O/U: 194.5)
Game time: 10:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 25-9-1 ATS in their last 35 games
- The Raptors are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games vs. East teams
- The Raptors are 21-7 ATS in their last 28 games on the road
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Nets are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games at home
- The Nets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Atlantic division teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone