NBA Preview: Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 10, 2014 10:21 PM EST
Behind an improved defense, the Toronto Raptors have shown legitimacy in owning the Atlantic division and being third place in the weak Eastern Conference. The Brooklyn Nets have turned it around lately as the division rivals meet on Monday night in Brooklyn.
NBA: Golden State Warriors at Toronto Raptors
The Nets (31-30) are four games behind the Raptors (35-26) for Atlantic division leadership and the third place in the weak Eastern Conference.
Surprisingly, Toronto is fourth overall in scoring defense in the entire NBA allowing just 97.1 points per game. The Raptors are 9-2 in their last 11 games and in those wins they did even better on D allowing just 93.3 PPG
Brooklyn has won four its last five outings and did it with their defense as well limiting the opposition to just 89.0 PPP in that stretch. Overall, Brooklyn allows 98.9 PPG or 9th best in the entire league.
Toronto is coming off a road win over the Minnesota Timberwolves, 111-104 led by Kyle Lowry, who had a triple-double with 20 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists. DeMar DeRozan top-scored for the Raps with 25 points and added 7 boards.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn treated the Sacramento Kings to a 104-89 blowout in their last game. Marcus Thornton had 27 points against his former team. Joe Johnson had 18 points and 5 dimes for Brooklyn.
Betting Lines: Toronto Raptors (+3) vs. Brooklyn Nets (O/U: 194.5)
Game time: 10:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 25-9-1 ATS in their last 35 games
- The Raptors are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games vs. East teams
- The Raptors are 21-7 ATS in their last 28 games on the road
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Nets are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games at home
- The Nets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Atlantic division teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS