NBA Preview: Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 10, 2014 10:21 PM EST
Behind an improved defense, the Toronto Raptors have shown legitimacy in owning the Atlantic division and being third place in the weak Eastern Conference. The Brooklyn Nets have turned it around lately as the division rivals meet on Monday night in Brooklyn.
NBA: Golden State Warriors at Toronto Raptors
The Nets (31-30) are four games behind the Raptors (35-26) for Atlantic division leadership and the third place in the weak Eastern Conference.
Surprisingly, Toronto is fourth overall in scoring defense in the entire NBA allowing just 97.1 points per game. The Raptors are 9-2 in their last 11 games and in those wins they did even better on D allowing just 93.3 PPG
Brooklyn has won four its last five outings and did it with their defense as well limiting the opposition to just 89.0 PPP in that stretch. Overall, Brooklyn allows 98.9 PPG or 9th best in the entire league.
Toronto is coming off a road win over the Minnesota Timberwolves, 111-104 led by Kyle Lowry, who had a triple-double with 20 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists. DeMar DeRozan top-scored for the Raps with 25 points and added 7 boards.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn treated the Sacramento Kings to a 104-89 blowout in their last game. Marcus Thornton had 27 points against his former team. Joe Johnson had 18 points and 5 dimes for Brooklyn.
Betting Lines: Toronto Raptors (+3) vs. Brooklyn Nets (O/U: 194.5)
Game time: 10:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 25-9-1 ATS in their last 35 games
- The Raptors are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games vs. East teams
- The Raptors are 21-7 ATS in their last 28 games on the road
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Nets are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games at home
- The Nets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Atlantic division teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide