NBA Preview: Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 10, 2014 10:21 PM EST
Behind an improved defense, the Toronto Raptors have shown legitimacy in owning the Atlantic division and being third place in the weak Eastern Conference. The Brooklyn Nets have turned it around lately as the division rivals meet on Monday night in Brooklyn.
NBA: Golden State Warriors at Toronto Raptors
The Nets (31-30) are four games behind the Raptors (35-26) for Atlantic division leadership and the third place in the weak Eastern Conference.
Surprisingly, Toronto is fourth overall in scoring defense in the entire NBA allowing just 97.1 points per game. The Raptors are 9-2 in their last 11 games and in those wins they did even better on D allowing just 93.3 PPG
Brooklyn has won four its last five outings and did it with their defense as well limiting the opposition to just 89.0 PPP in that stretch. Overall, Brooklyn allows 98.9 PPG or 9th best in the entire league.
Toronto is coming off a road win over the Minnesota Timberwolves, 111-104 led by Kyle Lowry, who had a triple-double with 20 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists. DeMar DeRozan top-scored for the Raps with 25 points and added 7 boards.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn treated the Sacramento Kings to a 104-89 blowout in their last game. Marcus Thornton had 27 points against his former team. Joe Johnson had 18 points and 5 dimes for Brooklyn.
Betting Lines: Toronto Raptors (+3) vs. Brooklyn Nets (O/U: 194.5)
Game time: 10:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 25-9-1 ATS in their last 35 games
- The Raptors are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games vs. East teams
- The Raptors are 21-7 ATS in their last 28 games on the road
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Nets are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games at home
- The Nets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Atlantic division teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop