‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Trailer, Spoilers: What to Expect When the Series Returns [VIDEO]
By Keerthi Mohan | March 10, 2014 10:21 PM EST
HBO has given “Game of Thrones” fans yet another glimpse on what can be expected when the show returns on 6 April.
A new trailer of “Game of Thrones” season 4 was aired on HBO just before the finale season of “True Detective” on Sunday and fans are thrilled with what they saw.
Game of Thrones
The trailer focuses on loss, especially that of the Stark family’s, and the consequences of previous actions.
The opening shots of the trailer show Cersei questioning what good power is, if one cannot protect their loved ones. Jon Snow wonders why the world has suddenly fallen apart and Sansa is grieving for her family after the Red Wedding.
Dany is also seen stating her intentions to fight injustice with justice. And, now that her dragons are all grown, she is sure to use them to her advantage. Season 4 will showcase a new side of Dany’s, that actress Emilia Clarke described as darker and confident one from the previous three seasons.
Struggles for families that have emerged victorious and unexpected triumphs for the vanquished can be expected when season 4 returns.
Meanwhile, Lena Headey, who plays Cersei in the series, told Vulture that a reunion with Jaime Lannister is on the cards for Cersei.
“It's horrendous. It's kind of crazy. Interesting to film, because we were ... she's in deep pain, and he wants her, because he missed her, and he needs to know she wants him. It's just a weird, fucked-up moment. It's quite mad!” Headey said.
The plot synopsis of the first four episodes of season 4 has also been released. Check them out below.
Episode 31: “Two Swords” - Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) welcomes a guest to King’s Landing. At Castle Black, Jon Snow (Kit Harington) finds himself unwelcome. Dany (Emilia Clarke) is pointed to Meereen, the mother of all slave cities. Arya (Maisie Williams) runs into an old friend.
Episode 32: “The Lion and the Rose” - Tyrion lends Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) a hand. Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) and Margaery (Natalie Dormer) host a breakfast. At Dragonstone, Stannis (Stephen Dillane) loses patience with Davos (Liam Cunningham). Ramsay (Iwan Rheon) finds a purpose for his pet. North of the Wall, Bran (Isaac Hempstead Wright) sees where they must go.
Episode 33: “Breaker of Chains” - Tyrion ponders his options. Tywin (Charles Dance) extends an olive branch. Sam (John Bradley) realizes Castle Black isn’t safe and Jon proposes a bold plan. The Hound (Rory McCann) teaches Arya the way things are. Dany chooses her champion.
Episode 34: “Oathkeeper” - Dany balances justice and mercy. Jaime tasks Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) with his honor. Jon secures volunteers while Bran, Jojen (Thomas Brodie-Sangster), Meera (Ellie Kendrick) and Hodor (Kristian Nairn) stumble on shelter.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments