‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Trailer, Spoilers: What to Expect When the Series Returns [VIDEO]
By Keerthi Mohan | March 10, 2014 10:21 PM EST
HBO has given “Game of Thrones” fans yet another glimpse on what can be expected when the show returns on 6 April.
A new trailer of “Game of Thrones” season 4 was aired on HBO just before the finale season of “True Detective” on Sunday and fans are thrilled with what they saw.
Game of Thrones
The trailer focuses on loss, especially that of the Stark family’s, and the consequences of previous actions.
The opening shots of the trailer show Cersei questioning what good power is, if one cannot protect their loved ones. Jon Snow wonders why the world has suddenly fallen apart and Sansa is grieving for her family after the Red Wedding.
Dany is also seen stating her intentions to fight injustice with justice. And, now that her dragons are all grown, she is sure to use them to her advantage. Season 4 will showcase a new side of Dany’s, that actress Emilia Clarke described as darker and confident one from the previous three seasons.
Struggles for families that have emerged victorious and unexpected triumphs for the vanquished can be expected when season 4 returns.
Meanwhile, Lena Headey, who plays Cersei in the series, told Vulture that a reunion with Jaime Lannister is on the cards for Cersei.
“It's horrendous. It's kind of crazy. Interesting to film, because we were ... she's in deep pain, and he wants her, because he missed her, and he needs to know she wants him. It's just a weird, fucked-up moment. It's quite mad!” Headey said.
The plot synopsis of the first four episodes of season 4 has also been released. Check them out below.
Episode 31: “Two Swords” - Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) welcomes a guest to King’s Landing. At Castle Black, Jon Snow (Kit Harington) finds himself unwelcome. Dany (Emilia Clarke) is pointed to Meereen, the mother of all slave cities. Arya (Maisie Williams) runs into an old friend.
Episode 32: “The Lion and the Rose” - Tyrion lends Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) a hand. Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) and Margaery (Natalie Dormer) host a breakfast. At Dragonstone, Stannis (Stephen Dillane) loses patience with Davos (Liam Cunningham). Ramsay (Iwan Rheon) finds a purpose for his pet. North of the Wall, Bran (Isaac Hempstead Wright) sees where they must go.
Episode 33: “Breaker of Chains” - Tyrion ponders his options. Tywin (Charles Dance) extends an olive branch. Sam (John Bradley) realizes Castle Black isn’t safe and Jon proposes a bold plan. The Hound (Rory McCann) teaches Arya the way things are. Dany chooses her champion.
Episode 34: “Oathkeeper” - Dany balances justice and mercy. Jaime tasks Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) with his honor. Jon secures volunteers while Bran, Jojen (Thomas Brodie-Sangster), Meera (Ellie Kendrick) and Hodor (Kristian Nairn) stumble on shelter.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage