Ajith's Latest Film to Hit Screens on 21 March?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 10, 2014 9:44 PM EST
The Telugu dubbed version of Ajith's "Veeram" is expected to release on 21 March.
"Veeram," which hit the screens on 10 January, turned out to be a hit at the box office. The film took solid opening on the first day of its release and continued to perform well, despite facing strong competition from Vijay's "Jilla" and other new releases in the last two months.
Ajith in "Veeram" (Facebook)
The Ajith starrer successfully completed 50-day theatrical run and is still running in a few theatres. Now, the film's Telugu dubbed version is all set to hit the screens soon.
The Telugu film titled "Veerudokkade" was expected to release on the same day as the Tamil version, but got delayed. The action-packed family entertainer is set to release on 21 March, according to a report in Indiaglitz.
Last year, Ajith's "Arrambam" was dubbed in Telugu as "Aata Aaramabam" and the film turned out to be an average fare at the box office. It remains to be seen as to how the Telugu audience will treat "Veerudokkade." Whether the film will impress them or fails to make it a mark is something we need to wait and watch.
"Veerudokkade" is expected to take a decent opening at the Andhra Pradesh box office considering that known faces have worked in the film including Ajith and Tamannaah.
Director "Siruthai" Siva and music composer Devi Sri Prasad are also popular in the Telugu film industry. The presence of well-known film personalities might help the film fetch good collections in the opening weekend.
If "Veerudokkade" make it to theatres on 21 March, the film will be clashing with the Telugu dubbed version of Tamil film "Thegidi," which hit the screens recently and is still running in theatres. The murder mystery film has received positive reviews from critics. It needs to be seen whether its Telugu version titled "Bhadram" will also attract the audience to theatres.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate