Ajith's Latest Film to Hit Screens on 21 March?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 10, 2014 9:44 PM EST
The Telugu dubbed version of Ajith's "Veeram" is expected to release on 21 March.
"Veeram," which hit the screens on 10 January, turned out to be a hit at the box office. The film took solid opening on the first day of its release and continued to perform well, despite facing strong competition from Vijay's "Jilla" and other new releases in the last two months.
Ajith in "Veeram" (Facebook)
The Ajith starrer successfully completed 50-day theatrical run and is still running in a few theatres. Now, the film's Telugu dubbed version is all set to hit the screens soon.
The Telugu film titled "Veerudokkade" was expected to release on the same day as the Tamil version, but got delayed. The action-packed family entertainer is set to release on 21 March, according to a report in Indiaglitz.
Last year, Ajith's "Arrambam" was dubbed in Telugu as "Aata Aaramabam" and the film turned out to be an average fare at the box office. It remains to be seen as to how the Telugu audience will treat "Veerudokkade." Whether the film will impress them or fails to make it a mark is something we need to wait and watch.
"Veerudokkade" is expected to take a decent opening at the Andhra Pradesh box office considering that known faces have worked in the film including Ajith and Tamannaah.
Director "Siruthai" Siva and music composer Devi Sri Prasad are also popular in the Telugu film industry. The presence of well-known film personalities might help the film fetch good collections in the opening weekend.
If "Veerudokkade" make it to theatres on 21 March, the film will be clashing with the Telugu dubbed version of Tamil film "Thegidi," which hit the screens recently and is still running in theatres. The murder mystery film has received positive reviews from critics. It needs to be seen whether its Telugu version titled "Bhadram" will also attract the audience to theatres.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date