Hull City Reached Semi-final, Defeating Sunderland in FA Cup
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 10, 2014 8:56 PM EST
Hull City made a triumphant win to reach The FA Cup semi-final, defeating Sunderland in the quarterfinal with 3-0 at KC Stadium.
They are slated to meet Sheffield United at Wembley Stadium. The Hull City manager, Steve Bruce, is all happy with a power-packed performance by the team and three goals from Curtis Davis, David Meyler and Matty Fryatt in the second half of the game.
Hull City players celebrate a goal
At the first half, Hull got a penalty which could not materialise because of a super-fine save by Sunderland's Oscar Utsari. But that didn't stop Hull to do the damage.
At the 2nd half, in the 68th minute, Curtis Davis first put the team in lead, followed by David Meyler, who in just four minutes scored another goal, leading to 2-0. Later on, in the 77th minute, the final blow came when a silly blind back-pass by Lee Catermole led Matty Fryatt to add the third one, leading to 3-0.
With the final whistle of the game, the ecstatic supporters of Hull landed up in the field to celebrate the victory, having reached this position for the first time after 1930.
Bruce, who won FA cup twice as a player of Manchester United, said, "I've just seen the draw and it's a great one."
"Sheffield United have had a wonderful run and beaten every team put in front of them."
"But you have got to be honest - you want to avoid the big boys and I'm sure Sheffield United will be thinking the same having drawn us."
Meanwhile, Sheffield United, which secured their semi-final by beating Charlton Athletic by 2-0 have also ousted Aston Villa, Fulham and Nottingham Forest from the tournament. Both the teams are at their high spirit, looking to reach the next level. They are scheduled to meet on Saturday, April 12.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions