Hull City Reached Semi-final, Defeating Sunderland in FA Cup
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 10, 2014 8:56 PM EST
Hull City made a triumphant win to reach The FA Cup semi-final, defeating Sunderland in the quarterfinal with 3-0 at KC Stadium.
They are slated to meet Sheffield United at Wembley Stadium. The Hull City manager, Steve Bruce, is all happy with a power-packed performance by the team and three goals from Curtis Davis, David Meyler and Matty Fryatt in the second half of the game.
Hull City players celebrate a goal
At the first half, Hull got a penalty which could not materialise because of a super-fine save by Sunderland's Oscar Utsari. But that didn't stop Hull to do the damage.
At the 2nd half, in the 68th minute, Curtis Davis first put the team in lead, followed by David Meyler, who in just four minutes scored another goal, leading to 2-0. Later on, in the 77th minute, the final blow came when a silly blind back-pass by Lee Catermole led Matty Fryatt to add the third one, leading to 3-0.
With the final whistle of the game, the ecstatic supporters of Hull landed up in the field to celebrate the victory, having reached this position for the first time after 1930.
Bruce, who won FA cup twice as a player of Manchester United, said, "I've just seen the draw and it's a great one."
"Sheffield United have had a wonderful run and beaten every team put in front of them."
"But you have got to be honest - you want to avoid the big boys and I'm sure Sheffield United will be thinking the same having drawn us."
Meanwhile, Sheffield United, which secured their semi-final by beating Charlton Athletic by 2-0 have also ousted Aston Villa, Fulham and Nottingham Forest from the tournament. Both the teams are at their high spirit, looking to reach the next level. They are scheduled to meet on Saturday, April 12.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People