Hull City Reached Semi-final, Defeating Sunderland in FA Cup
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 10, 2014 8:56 PM EST
Hull City made a triumphant win to reach The FA Cup semi-final, defeating Sunderland in the quarterfinal with 3-0 at KC Stadium.
They are slated to meet Sheffield United at Wembley Stadium. The Hull City manager, Steve Bruce, is all happy with a power-packed performance by the team and three goals from Curtis Davis, David Meyler and Matty Fryatt in the second half of the game.
Hull City players celebrate a goal
At the first half, Hull got a penalty which could not materialise because of a super-fine save by Sunderland's Oscar Utsari. But that didn't stop Hull to do the damage.
At the 2nd half, in the 68th minute, Curtis Davis first put the team in lead, followed by David Meyler, who in just four minutes scored another goal, leading to 2-0. Later on, in the 77th minute, the final blow came when a silly blind back-pass by Lee Catermole led Matty Fryatt to add the third one, leading to 3-0.
With the final whistle of the game, the ecstatic supporters of Hull landed up in the field to celebrate the victory, having reached this position for the first time after 1930.
Bruce, who won FA cup twice as a player of Manchester United, said, "I've just seen the draw and it's a great one."
"Sheffield United have had a wonderful run and beaten every team put in front of them."
"But you have got to be honest - you want to avoid the big boys and I'm sure Sheffield United will be thinking the same having drawn us."
Meanwhile, Sheffield United, which secured their semi-final by beating Charlton Athletic by 2-0 have also ousted Aston Villa, Fulham and Nottingham Forest from the tournament. Both the teams are at their high spirit, looking to reach the next level. They are scheduled to meet on Saturday, April 12.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop