Putin's Propaganda: Russian Soldiers Dressing up as Ukrainian Army
By Johnlee Varghese | March 10, 2014 8:52 PM EST
A video involving a Ukrainian army sergeant, who came in support of the Russian invasion of Crimea, has gone viral on YouTube. However, now it is emerging that the army sergeant may have been an impostor, and in all probability a Russian soldier.
Russian Soldiers dressing up as Ukrainian Army
In the video, a guy in a military uniform, calling himself a Ukrainian army sergeant, claims that the Ukrainian forces are in face working alongside the Russian troops and there has been no pressure from the Russian soldiers.
The fake Ukrainian army sergeant further claims in the video that the nationalist television is spreading lies about the Crimea issue, and in fact there has been no provocation, as the people are working together with the Russian forces voluntarily. The video, which was posted on 8 March, has gone viral and has over a million views till now.
Ukrainian Defense Ministry, however, quickly came down on the self-titled "sergeant". It is now being established that the video is the handy work of "pro-Russian radicals."
A website, Stopfake.org, dedicated towards stopping false information and Russian propaganda claimed that the so-called Ukrainian "sergeant" is holding, an automatic AK-100 series gun and is something not used by the Ukrainian army. In fact, the machine gun is used by the following countries: Venezuela, Russia, Armenia, India, Indonesia and Kazakhstan.
Recently, Molly K McKew and Gregory A Maniatis, independent consultants who advise governments, told the Washington Post that Vladimir Putin was indulging in a 21 century warfare that involved Soldiers-of-no-nation and cyberattacks that will weaken the morale and increase the confusion in Ukraine.
The article stated that by using soldiers-of-no-nation for troublemaking and street-fighting, Putin remains unconstrained by the laws, rules and conventions governing warfare. The forces in Ukraine has Putin's hybrid of soldiers and terrorists: hidden faces, hidden command-and-control, hidden orders but undoubtedly activated to achieve state objectives.
Similarly he is resorting to cyber-tactics to interrupt the flow of information and add chaos.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- 'Green Alien Eggs' Spotted on Sydney's Dee Why Beach
- Robin Williams Confessed To Loving Billy Connolly Like A Brother In A Final Goodbye Call
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde Attends Father’s Funeral Without Handcuffs, Brother Thanks TPB Founder’s Supporters on Facebook
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed