Box Office: 'Nimirnthu Nil', 'Thegidi', 'Vallinam' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 10, 2014 8:50 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Tamil films "Nimirnthu Nil", "Vallinam" and "Thegidi"
Jayam Ravi (Twitter)
Jayam Ravi's "Nimirnthu Nil" has taken a good opening at the Tamil Nadu box office, despite having a delayed release.
"Nimirnthu Nil" was scheduled to release on 7 March, but the film did not make it to theatres on that day, reportedly due to some financial issues.
After the issues were sorted out, the film made it to theatres on Saturday evening. The Jaya Ravi starrer received good response in major areas upon its release as there were no other big films hitting the screens.
The film registered average theatre occupancy of 75 percent in Chennai. It earned over ₹40 lakh at the Chennai box office, according to Behindwoods.
"Nimirnthu Nil" received mixed reviews from critics upon its release, but still the film managed to get a good opening during the weekend. However, it remains to be seen as to how the film fares in the coming days.
Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer's "Thegidi," which released on 28 February, has managed to sustain at the box office in its first week.
The murder-mystery film earned positive reviews upon its release. However, the film had an average start as it was not backed by big stars to ensure solid openings. Moreover, the film was being screened in less number of theatres which also had affected its business.
Although "Thegidi" took an average opening, the film has managed to draw the audience to theatres. It has successfully entered into its second week in Tamil Nadu.
The thriller flick has fetched over ₹46 lakh in 10 days at the Chennai box office. With the release of "Nimirnthu Nil", "Thegidi" business might get affected. One needs to wait and see how the film fares in the future.
Nakul-Mrudhula Basker starrer "Vallinam" has got an average opening, despite getting positive reviews.
The sports-based film minted over ₹64 lakh in 10 days at the box office. As per the report in Behindwoods website, the film is experiencing reduced shows in Chennai.
Less screen count and the release of "Nimirnthu Nil" could affect the business of "Vallinam."
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists