Box Office: 'Nimirnthu Nil', 'Thegidi', 'Vallinam' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 10, 2014 8:50 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Tamil films "Nimirnthu Nil", "Vallinam" and "Thegidi"
Jayam Ravi (Twitter)
Jayam Ravi's "Nimirnthu Nil" has taken a good opening at the Tamil Nadu box office, despite having a delayed release.
"Nimirnthu Nil" was scheduled to release on 7 March, but the film did not make it to theatres on that day, reportedly due to some financial issues.
After the issues were sorted out, the film made it to theatres on Saturday evening. The Jaya Ravi starrer received good response in major areas upon its release as there were no other big films hitting the screens.
The film registered average theatre occupancy of 75 percent in Chennai. It earned over ₹40 lakh at the Chennai box office, according to Behindwoods.
"Nimirnthu Nil" received mixed reviews from critics upon its release, but still the film managed to get a good opening during the weekend. However, it remains to be seen as to how the film fares in the coming days.
Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer's "Thegidi," which released on 28 February, has managed to sustain at the box office in its first week.
The murder-mystery film earned positive reviews upon its release. However, the film had an average start as it was not backed by big stars to ensure solid openings. Moreover, the film was being screened in less number of theatres which also had affected its business.
Although "Thegidi" took an average opening, the film has managed to draw the audience to theatres. It has successfully entered into its second week in Tamil Nadu.
The thriller flick has fetched over ₹46 lakh in 10 days at the Chennai box office. With the release of "Nimirnthu Nil", "Thegidi" business might get affected. One needs to wait and see how the film fares in the future.
Nakul-Mrudhula Basker starrer "Vallinam" has got an average opening, despite getting positive reviews.
The sports-based film minted over ₹64 lakh in 10 days at the box office. As per the report in Behindwoods website, the film is experiencing reduced shows in Chennai.
Less screen count and the release of "Nimirnthu Nil" could affect the business of "Vallinam."
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones