Box Office: 'Nimirnthu Nil', 'Thegidi', 'Vallinam' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 10, 2014 8:50 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Tamil films "Nimirnthu Nil", "Vallinam" and "Thegidi"
Jayam Ravi (Twitter)
Jayam Ravi's "Nimirnthu Nil" has taken a good opening at the Tamil Nadu box office, despite having a delayed release.
"Nimirnthu Nil" was scheduled to release on 7 March, but the film did not make it to theatres on that day, reportedly due to some financial issues.
After the issues were sorted out, the film made it to theatres on Saturday evening. The Jaya Ravi starrer received good response in major areas upon its release as there were no other big films hitting the screens.
The film registered average theatre occupancy of 75 percent in Chennai. It earned over ₹40 lakh at the Chennai box office, according to Behindwoods.
"Nimirnthu Nil" received mixed reviews from critics upon its release, but still the film managed to get a good opening during the weekend. However, it remains to be seen as to how the film fares in the coming days.
Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer's "Thegidi," which released on 28 February, has managed to sustain at the box office in its first week.
The murder-mystery film earned positive reviews upon its release. However, the film had an average start as it was not backed by big stars to ensure solid openings. Moreover, the film was being screened in less number of theatres which also had affected its business.
Although "Thegidi" took an average opening, the film has managed to draw the audience to theatres. It has successfully entered into its second week in Tamil Nadu.
The thriller flick has fetched over ₹46 lakh in 10 days at the Chennai box office. With the release of "Nimirnthu Nil", "Thegidi" business might get affected. One needs to wait and see how the film fares in the future.
Nakul-Mrudhula Basker starrer "Vallinam" has got an average opening, despite getting positive reviews.
The sports-based film minted over ₹64 lakh in 10 days at the box office. As per the report in Behindwoods website, the film is experiencing reduced shows in Chennai.
Less screen count and the release of "Nimirnthu Nil" could affect the business of "Vallinam."
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date