Box Office: 'Nimirnthu Nil', 'Thegidi', 'Vallinam' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 10, 2014 8:50 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Tamil films "Nimirnthu Nil", "Vallinam" and "Thegidi"
Jayam Ravi (Twitter)
Jayam Ravi's "Nimirnthu Nil" has taken a good opening at the Tamil Nadu box office, despite having a delayed release.
"Nimirnthu Nil" was scheduled to release on 7 March, but the film did not make it to theatres on that day, reportedly due to some financial issues.
After the issues were sorted out, the film made it to theatres on Saturday evening. The Jaya Ravi starrer received good response in major areas upon its release as there were no other big films hitting the screens.
The film registered average theatre occupancy of 75 percent in Chennai. It earned over ₹40 lakh at the Chennai box office, according to Behindwoods.
"Nimirnthu Nil" received mixed reviews from critics upon its release, but still the film managed to get a good opening during the weekend. However, it remains to be seen as to how the film fares in the coming days.
Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer's "Thegidi," which released on 28 February, has managed to sustain at the box office in its first week.
The murder-mystery film earned positive reviews upon its release. However, the film had an average start as it was not backed by big stars to ensure solid openings. Moreover, the film was being screened in less number of theatres which also had affected its business.
Although "Thegidi" took an average opening, the film has managed to draw the audience to theatres. It has successfully entered into its second week in Tamil Nadu.
The thriller flick has fetched over ₹46 lakh in 10 days at the Chennai box office. With the release of "Nimirnthu Nil", "Thegidi" business might get affected. One needs to wait and see how the film fares in the future.
Nakul-Mrudhula Basker starrer "Vallinam" has got an average opening, despite getting positive reviews.
The sports-based film minted over ₹64 lakh in 10 days at the box office. As per the report in Behindwoods website, the film is experiencing reduced shows in Chennai.
Less screen count and the release of "Nimirnthu Nil" could affect the business of "Vallinam."
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown