Box Office: 'Nimirnthu Nil', 'Thegidi', 'Vallinam' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 10, 2014 8:50 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Tamil films "Nimirnthu Nil", "Vallinam" and "Thegidi"
Jayam Ravi (Twitter)
Jayam Ravi's "Nimirnthu Nil" has taken a good opening at the Tamil Nadu box office, despite having a delayed release.
"Nimirnthu Nil" was scheduled to release on 7 March, but the film did not make it to theatres on that day, reportedly due to some financial issues.
After the issues were sorted out, the film made it to theatres on Saturday evening. The Jaya Ravi starrer received good response in major areas upon its release as there were no other big films hitting the screens.
The film registered average theatre occupancy of 75 percent in Chennai. It earned over ₹40 lakh at the Chennai box office, according to Behindwoods.
"Nimirnthu Nil" received mixed reviews from critics upon its release, but still the film managed to get a good opening during the weekend. However, it remains to be seen as to how the film fares in the coming days.
Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer's "Thegidi," which released on 28 February, has managed to sustain at the box office in its first week.
The murder-mystery film earned positive reviews upon its release. However, the film had an average start as it was not backed by big stars to ensure solid openings. Moreover, the film was being screened in less number of theatres which also had affected its business.
Although "Thegidi" took an average opening, the film has managed to draw the audience to theatres. It has successfully entered into its second week in Tamil Nadu.
The thriller flick has fetched over ₹46 lakh in 10 days at the Chennai box office. With the release of "Nimirnthu Nil", "Thegidi" business might get affected. One needs to wait and see how the film fares in the future.
Nakul-Mrudhula Basker starrer "Vallinam" has got an average opening, despite getting positive reviews.
The sports-based film minted over ₹64 lakh in 10 days at the box office. As per the report in Behindwoods website, the film is experiencing reduced shows in Chennai.
Less screen count and the release of "Nimirnthu Nil" could affect the business of "Vallinam."
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People