Lok Sabha Election 2014: Jayaprada, Jayasudha to Plunge into Poll Fray
By Rama Mohan | March 10, 2014 8:02 PM EST
Two popular actresses from South India- Jayaprada and Jayasudha are likely to contest forthcoming Lok Sabha elections.
The two actresses are closest friends and have acted together in a number of films like "Adavi Ramudu," opposite late NT Rama Rao and "Meghasandesam," with late Akkineni Nageswara Rao.
Jayasudha is now a Congress MLA from the Secunderabad constituency in Andhra Pradesh.'
Jayaprada on 10 March 2014 joined Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) of Ajit Singh who is the Union Aviation Minister in the current UPA government, say media reports. She joined the RLD along with her political mentor Amar Singh.
Amar Singh, who is going to contest from Fatehpur Sikri, is advocating the division of Uttar Pradesh for its development and better administration. Jayaprada is to contest from Bijnor constituency in the same UP.
In the last Lok Sabha elections, Jayaprada won from Rampur constituency in UP on a Samajwadi Party (SP) ticket. Both Amar and Jayaprada were expelled from SP for anti-party activities.
Jayaprada made a big name in Hindi cinema and became MP from SP in Uttar Pradesh, while Jayasudha ruled the south Indian cinema, especially Tollywood and entered the Andhra Pradesh Assembly from the Secunderabad constituency.
Now, in the changed political scene, Jayasudha is said to have been with the idea of joining Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) party and contest the Malkajgiri Lok Sabha seat in Hyderabad.
Now, if Jayasudha joints TRS, she would fill the vacuum in the party that has been created with the exit of its MP Vijayashanti, another popular actress, who joined Congress recently.
Jayasudha wanted to contest from Malkajgiri constituency, as the area has people who have been migrated from Seemandhra. On its part, TRS is also striving to become closer to Hyderabad people and prove itself that it is not against the Hyderabad settlers who have migrated from Seemandhra region.
Malkajgiri has also large number of Christians. TRS wants to cash in on the population by fielding Jayasudha, who is also a Christian, besides being a popular actress. She conveted into Christianity from Hindu religion. The actress is said to have already met TRS chief K Chandrashekar Rao and the outcome is yet to be announced.
TRS, which is said to be strong in Telangana districts, is looking for alliances with parties like Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) to gain roots in Hyderabad.
Now, Jayasudha's intension to join TRS will definitely help the party to spread its arena in Hyderabad's urban region. Jayasudha is still acting in Telugu films and she is married to producer Nitin Kapoor, a cousin to actor Jeetendra.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Teachers’ Strike in BC, Canada Stalls 1st Day of School; Labour Dispute Could Last Even After Labour Day
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase