Ke$ha Resurrects as Kesha with New Twitter Handle: New Improved Kesha Ready to Make More Music
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 10, 2014 4:38 PM EST
Ke$ha is no more because she is just Kesha now. The healthy singer dropped the $ sign after coming back from the rehab. The "Tik Tok" singer completed her two-month stay in the rehab where she was treated for an eating disorder.
Singer Kesha arrives at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 19, 2013.
Kesha told her fans via Twitter that she was "Happy to be back!"
"Feeling healthy and working on tons of new music. I can't thank my fans enough for all the love and support you have given me. Life is beautiful. I'm so blessed to have you all," tweeted Kesha.
She entered the Timberline Knolls treatment centre in Illinois in January for the treatment of bulimia and anorexia. Demi Lovato was treated in the same facility back in 2010.
After coming out of the rehab, a new Kesha was born. She dropped the $ from her name. It signifies that she has now accepted her real identity. Her new Twitter handle @KeshaRose means she wants to make a fresh start. According to a report by KpopStarz, Kesha's friends believe that her old name reminds her of the old Ke$ha.
According to her mother, Pebe Sebert, Kesha was sick after weight loss and almost died from starvation.
Pebe claimed that because of regular shaming by her daughter's former manager, David Sonenberg, she ended up in a rehab. Reportedly, Kesha's music producer also bullied the "Timber" star. Both David and Dr. Luke denied the accusations.
After moving into the rehab, Kesha promised that she would return.
"I'm a crusader for being yourself and loving yourself, but I've found it hard to practice," said Kesha in a statement.
"I'll be unavailable for the next 30 days, seeking treatment for my eating disorder ... to learn to love myself again, exactly as I am."
Kesha's new name and new lifestyle is a fresh change for the pop star, and she wants to grow as a person in life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal