See Miley Cyrus Go Glam and Sexy in New Marc Jacobs Spring 2014 Ad Campaign
By nidhi tewari | March 10, 2014 4:22 PM EST
There is no secret to the fact that Miley Cyrus is the new face of fashion designer Marc Jacobs. The new March Jacobs campaign for Spring 2014 is out and the "Wrecking Ball" songstress looks stunning in the pictures. The pictures see Miley in a new avatar with oodles of clothes to cover and she does look stunning in all of the shots, which have been taken by photographer David Sims. Check out the pictures here.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
The Marc Jacobs Spring 2014 ad campaign started with a controversy when the official photographer Juergen Teller, who mostly shoots Jacobs' campaigns, refused to work with Cyrus and didn't shoot her pictures. He did not give any reason for his refusal to work with Miley. However, Jacobs then hired Sims to complete the work.
"I have worked with Juergen for years and love him as an artist. He just didn't want to shoot her," Jacobs told Women's Wear Daily, according to E! News. Nevertheless, the pictures look great and show Miley in various dark purple outfits. Her mood is sombre and face expressionless. The singer seems to be looking into oblivion.
The ad also shows Miley along with two other female models on a beach during the evening hours. The pictures show all three looking in different areas and feeling distant. "We wanted this beach with the girls kind of sulky and broody, and we thought it would be cool if it was Miley with what could be two friends, feeling distant and quite dark," Jacobs told E! Online.
Miley has been loved by the designer Marc Jacobs and he just could not stop gushing about the singer. "We all just love her and her entire being, her talent, her intelligence, everything. There's nothing I don't like about her. She is just genuine and very natural," Jacobs told the Web site.
Miley has also been a fan of Jacobs' clothes since a long time now. Her fishnet dress from Jacobs became really popular at the Met Gala in 2013. Miley represents boldness and a rebel and seems like the perfect choice for Marc Jacobs campaign. What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates