See Miley Cyrus Go Glam and Sexy in New Marc Jacobs Spring 2014 Ad Campaign
By nidhi tewari | March 10, 2014 4:22 PM EST
There is no secret to the fact that Miley Cyrus is the new face of fashion designer Marc Jacobs. The new March Jacobs campaign for Spring 2014 is out and the "Wrecking Ball" songstress looks stunning in the pictures. The pictures see Miley in a new avatar with oodles of clothes to cover and she does look stunning in all of the shots, which have been taken by photographer David Sims. Check out the pictures here.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
The Marc Jacobs Spring 2014 ad campaign started with a controversy when the official photographer Juergen Teller, who mostly shoots Jacobs' campaigns, refused to work with Cyrus and didn't shoot her pictures. He did not give any reason for his refusal to work with Miley. However, Jacobs then hired Sims to complete the work.
"I have worked with Juergen for years and love him as an artist. He just didn't want to shoot her," Jacobs told Women's Wear Daily, according to E! News. Nevertheless, the pictures look great and show Miley in various dark purple outfits. Her mood is sombre and face expressionless. The singer seems to be looking into oblivion.
The ad also shows Miley along with two other female models on a beach during the evening hours. The pictures show all three looking in different areas and feeling distant. "We wanted this beach with the girls kind of sulky and broody, and we thought it would be cool if it was Miley with what could be two friends, feeling distant and quite dark," Jacobs told E! Online.
Miley has been loved by the designer Marc Jacobs and he just could not stop gushing about the singer. "We all just love her and her entire being, her talent, her intelligence, everything. There's nothing I don't like about her. She is just genuine and very natural," Jacobs told the Web site.
Miley has also been a fan of Jacobs' clothes since a long time now. Her fishnet dress from Jacobs became really popular at the Met Gala in 2013. Miley represents boldness and a rebel and seems like the perfect choice for Marc Jacobs campaign. What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies