See Miley Cyrus Go Glam and Sexy in New Marc Jacobs Spring 2014 Ad Campaign
By nidhi tewari | March 10, 2014 4:22 PM EST
There is no secret to the fact that Miley Cyrus is the new face of fashion designer Marc Jacobs. The new March Jacobs campaign for Spring 2014 is out and the "Wrecking Ball" songstress looks stunning in the pictures. The pictures see Miley in a new avatar with oodles of clothes to cover and she does look stunning in all of the shots, which have been taken by photographer David Sims. Check out the pictures here.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
The Marc Jacobs Spring 2014 ad campaign started with a controversy when the official photographer Juergen Teller, who mostly shoots Jacobs' campaigns, refused to work with Cyrus and didn't shoot her pictures. He did not give any reason for his refusal to work with Miley. However, Jacobs then hired Sims to complete the work.
"I have worked with Juergen for years and love him as an artist. He just didn't want to shoot her," Jacobs told Women's Wear Daily, according to E! News. Nevertheless, the pictures look great and show Miley in various dark purple outfits. Her mood is sombre and face expressionless. The singer seems to be looking into oblivion.
The ad also shows Miley along with two other female models on a beach during the evening hours. The pictures show all three looking in different areas and feeling distant. "We wanted this beach with the girls kind of sulky and broody, and we thought it would be cool if it was Miley with what could be two friends, feeling distant and quite dark," Jacobs told E! Online.
Miley has been loved by the designer Marc Jacobs and he just could not stop gushing about the singer. "We all just love her and her entire being, her talent, her intelligence, everything. There's nothing I don't like about her. She is just genuine and very natural," Jacobs told the Web site.
Miley has also been a fan of Jacobs' clothes since a long time now. Her fishnet dress from Jacobs became really popular at the Met Gala in 2013. Miley represents boldness and a rebel and seems like the perfect choice for Marc Jacobs campaign. What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown