See Miley Cyrus Go Glam and Sexy in New Marc Jacobs Spring 2014 Ad Campaign
By nidhi tewari | March 10, 2014 4:22 PM EST
There is no secret to the fact that Miley Cyrus is the new face of fashion designer Marc Jacobs. The new March Jacobs campaign for Spring 2014 is out and the "Wrecking Ball" songstress looks stunning in the pictures. The pictures see Miley in a new avatar with oodles of clothes to cover and she does look stunning in all of the shots, which have been taken by photographer David Sims. Check out the pictures here.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
The Marc Jacobs Spring 2014 ad campaign started with a controversy when the official photographer Juergen Teller, who mostly shoots Jacobs' campaigns, refused to work with Cyrus and didn't shoot her pictures. He did not give any reason for his refusal to work with Miley. However, Jacobs then hired Sims to complete the work.
"I have worked with Juergen for years and love him as an artist. He just didn't want to shoot her," Jacobs told Women's Wear Daily, according to E! News. Nevertheless, the pictures look great and show Miley in various dark purple outfits. Her mood is sombre and face expressionless. The singer seems to be looking into oblivion.
The ad also shows Miley along with two other female models on a beach during the evening hours. The pictures show all three looking in different areas and feeling distant. "We wanted this beach with the girls kind of sulky and broody, and we thought it would be cool if it was Miley with what could be two friends, feeling distant and quite dark," Jacobs told E! Online.
Miley has been loved by the designer Marc Jacobs and he just could not stop gushing about the singer. "We all just love her and her entire being, her talent, her intelligence, everything. There's nothing I don't like about her. She is just genuine and very natural," Jacobs told the Web site.
Miley has also been a fan of Jacobs' clothes since a long time now. Her fishnet dress from Jacobs became really popular at the Met Gala in 2013. Miley represents boldness and a rebel and seems like the perfect choice for Marc Jacobs campaign. What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build