Malaysian Flight MH370: Perth Man Leaves Ring and Watch for Sons as if Goodbye Gesture
By Athena Yenko | March 10, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Wife of Perth man aboard the missing Malaysian flight MH370 said that he left his wedding ring and watch for his two sons before leaving for Mongolia.
"(He said) 'If something should happen to me then the wedding ring should go to the first son that gets married and then the watch to the second," Danica Weeks told Nine Network.
Mr Weeks, 39, a mechanical engineer and his wife has two sons. One is three years old and the younger just ten months old.
Mrs Weeks said she is not giving up hope about her husband coming back home in the days to come.
"I can't give up hope. I would love him to walk through that door, hold him one more time."
A friend of the couple said that Mrs Weeks was hopeful for Mr Weeks to be home after a month.
"When Danica kissed him goodbye, she was hoping he would be back in a month," she said in an interview with Fairfax.
Other friends and family took to Facebook their tribute for Mr Weeks.
"Such a sad day, still praying for you Pauly and hoping miracles do happen. Sending Danica Weeks & the boys as much love & strength as we can possibly muster," Emma Brosnahan wrote.
"So sad to hear this tragic news of such a great guy and an old friend. My heart goes out to his family, I can't imagine how devastating this must be and just want to send my love," Rebecca Rousselle also wrote.
Meanwhile, Malaysian Airlines vowed to take relatives of the passengers to Vietnam or Kota Bharu in Malaysia at the very instance the location of the missing Malaysian flight was identified. As soon as the missing flight is located, officials will put up a command centre in Vietnam or Kota Bharu.
However, commercial director of Malaysian Airlines, Hugh Dunleavy advised family members to be "mentally prepared" for the worst.
For the meantime, families were taken to Kuala Lumpur as per the families' request.
"We will start making arrangements probably as soon as tomorrow if that's what they'd like to do," Mr Dunleavy said.
He said that reports about terrorism were not yet confirmed.
"As far as we aware everyone on board that flight had a visa to go to China," he told press on Sunday.
Despite the airlines' efforts, relatives of passengers remained disappointed and angry at the lack of information. The airlines already sent 90 of its employees to assist the grieving relatives.
"We don't need words of pity, we want information. We can put our names down, but there has been no other progress," one relative Fairfax Media.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- Asylum Seeker Women in Australia-Run Christmas Island Attempt Suicide in Desperation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon