Malaysian Flight MH370: Perth Man Leaves Ring and Watch for Sons as if Goodbye Gesture
By Athena Yenko | March 10, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Wife of Perth man aboard the missing Malaysian flight MH370 said that he left his wedding ring and watch for his two sons before leaving for Mongolia.
"(He said) 'If something should happen to me then the wedding ring should go to the first son that gets married and then the watch to the second," Danica Weeks told Nine Network.
Mr Weeks, 39, a mechanical engineer and his wife has two sons. One is three years old and the younger just ten months old.
Mrs Weeks said she is not giving up hope about her husband coming back home in the days to come.
"I can't give up hope. I would love him to walk through that door, hold him one more time."
A friend of the couple said that Mrs Weeks was hopeful for Mr Weeks to be home after a month.
"When Danica kissed him goodbye, she was hoping he would be back in a month," she said in an interview with Fairfax.
Other friends and family took to Facebook their tribute for Mr Weeks.
"Such a sad day, still praying for you Pauly and hoping miracles do happen. Sending Danica Weeks & the boys as much love & strength as we can possibly muster," Emma Brosnahan wrote.
"So sad to hear this tragic news of such a great guy and an old friend. My heart goes out to his family, I can't imagine how devastating this must be and just want to send my love," Rebecca Rousselle also wrote.
Meanwhile, Malaysian Airlines vowed to take relatives of the passengers to Vietnam or Kota Bharu in Malaysia at the very instance the location of the missing Malaysian flight was identified. As soon as the missing flight is located, officials will put up a command centre in Vietnam or Kota Bharu.
However, commercial director of Malaysian Airlines, Hugh Dunleavy advised family members to be "mentally prepared" for the worst.
For the meantime, families were taken to Kuala Lumpur as per the families' request.
"We will start making arrangements probably as soon as tomorrow if that's what they'd like to do," Mr Dunleavy said.
He said that reports about terrorism were not yet confirmed.
"As far as we aware everyone on board that flight had a visa to go to China," he told press on Sunday.
Despite the airlines' efforts, relatives of passengers remained disappointed and angry at the lack of information. The airlines already sent 90 of its employees to assist the grieving relatives.
"We don't need words of pity, we want information. We can put our names down, but there has been no other progress," one relative Fairfax Media.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff