Fake HTC One M8 Already Up on Goophone, New Flip Case Features Cool See-Through Notifications
By Gel Galang | March 10, 2014 2:54 PM EST
This comes after the report of Goophone already featuring a knockoff of the Samsung Galaxy S5, just a few days after the Korean company has announced its 2014 flagship handset.
Digital Trends has spotted the Goophone version, which is being sold at $229.99, as compared to the range of £550 to £580 (roughly $920 to 950). That's a pretty far cry from the price tag that has been speculated by a number of sources.
The resemblance of the Goophone M8 to the HTC One M8 goes beyond the very indiscreet naming alone, as the overall design bears pretty weight resemblance. However, quality-wise for the specs, there are very startling differences.
The Goophone M8 has a 5-inch FHD 1080p screen with 1920x1080 pixel display, 1 GB or RAM with expandable microSD, 1.7 GHz MediaTek octa-core processor, a 12.6-megapixel rear and 5-megapixel front camera with the latter equipped with LED flash light, and the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
The specs of the Goophone M8 are too far from the original HTC One M8, perhaps the very reason why the pricing is also a far cry from the original, but it's better to be aware of these kinds of knockoffs that are out in the market.
Colourful, see-through and cool flip cases
With the release date for the HTC One M8 supposedly coming in on March 25 at the New York event, more leaks relate to the device have sprung up.
This new one is spotted by Android Police over at @evleaks, and instead of a leak on the actual HTC One M8 handset, the focus is on the unique case that will cradle the new handset.
According to the report, this is a new design, and one that is very different from what has already been seen for other brands. The new HTC One's first-party case features what appear to be tiny holes all over the screen in front. These holes will be lighted up by notifications, and @evleaks features concept photos that show off the HTC One M8 lighting up with notifications on the time.
Apart from notifications, it seems that simple messages can also appear on the dotted screen. The design is pretty straightforward, with the holes allowing the light from the screen to illuminate the notifications.
This is a pretty good take on the easy checking of notifications, as you don't have to open the case unless you need to reply or operate the handset. In addition, the entire screen is protected by the material of the case.
The source also cites three more colours, as leaked by @evleaks, so the holed HTC One M8 case may come in blue, orange and green, apart from the standard black.
Lastly, for those who want the Google Play Edition of the handset, @evleaks has also stated that the HTC One M8 will be offered as a Google Play Edition like the previous HTC One.
Hopefully, all of these leaks will be cleared up come the March 25 reveal event.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James