Fake HTC One M8 Already Up on Goophone, New Flip Case Features Cool See-Through Notifications
By Gel Galang | March 10, 2014 2:54 PM EST
This comes after the report of Goophone already featuring a knockoff of the Samsung Galaxy S5, just a few days after the Korean company has announced its 2014 flagship handset.
Digital Trends has spotted the Goophone version, which is being sold at $229.99, as compared to the range of £550 to £580 (roughly $920 to 950). That's a pretty far cry from the price tag that has been speculated by a number of sources.
The resemblance of the Goophone M8 to the HTC One M8 goes beyond the very indiscreet naming alone, as the overall design bears pretty weight resemblance. However, quality-wise for the specs, there are very startling differences.
The Goophone M8 has a 5-inch FHD 1080p screen with 1920x1080 pixel display, 1 GB or RAM with expandable microSD, 1.7 GHz MediaTek octa-core processor, a 12.6-megapixel rear and 5-megapixel front camera with the latter equipped with LED flash light, and the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
The specs of the Goophone M8 are too far from the original HTC One M8, perhaps the very reason why the pricing is also a far cry from the original, but it's better to be aware of these kinds of knockoffs that are out in the market.
Colourful, see-through and cool flip cases
With the release date for the HTC One M8 supposedly coming in on March 25 at the New York event, more leaks relate to the device have sprung up.
This new one is spotted by Android Police over at @evleaks, and instead of a leak on the actual HTC One M8 handset, the focus is on the unique case that will cradle the new handset.
According to the report, this is a new design, and one that is very different from what has already been seen for other brands. The new HTC One's first-party case features what appear to be tiny holes all over the screen in front. These holes will be lighted up by notifications, and @evleaks features concept photos that show off the HTC One M8 lighting up with notifications on the time.
Apart from notifications, it seems that simple messages can also appear on the dotted screen. The design is pretty straightforward, with the holes allowing the light from the screen to illuminate the notifications.
This is a pretty good take on the easy checking of notifications, as you don't have to open the case unless you need to reply or operate the handset. In addition, the entire screen is protected by the material of the case.
The source also cites three more colours, as leaked by @evleaks, so the holed HTC One M8 case may come in blue, orange and green, apart from the standard black.
Lastly, for those who want the Google Play Edition of the handset, @evleaks has also stated that the HTC One M8 will be offered as a Google Play Edition like the previous HTC One.
Hopefully, all of these leaks will be cleared up come the March 25 reveal event.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate