Fake HTC One M8 Already Up on Goophone, New Flip Case Features Cool See-Through Notifications
By Gel Galang | March 10, 2014 2:54 PM EST
This comes after the report of Goophone already featuring a knockoff of the Samsung Galaxy S5, just a few days after the Korean company has announced its 2014 flagship handset.
Digital Trends has spotted the Goophone version, which is being sold at $229.99, as compared to the range of £550 to £580 (roughly $920 to 950). That's a pretty far cry from the price tag that has been speculated by a number of sources.
The resemblance of the Goophone M8 to the HTC One M8 goes beyond the very indiscreet naming alone, as the overall design bears pretty weight resemblance. However, quality-wise for the specs, there are very startling differences.
The Goophone M8 has a 5-inch FHD 1080p screen with 1920x1080 pixel display, 1 GB or RAM with expandable microSD, 1.7 GHz MediaTek octa-core processor, a 12.6-megapixel rear and 5-megapixel front camera with the latter equipped with LED flash light, and the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
The specs of the Goophone M8 are too far from the original HTC One M8, perhaps the very reason why the pricing is also a far cry from the original, but it's better to be aware of these kinds of knockoffs that are out in the market.
Colourful, see-through and cool flip cases
With the release date for the HTC One M8 supposedly coming in on March 25 at the New York event, more leaks relate to the device have sprung up.
This new one is spotted by Android Police over at @evleaks, and instead of a leak on the actual HTC One M8 handset, the focus is on the unique case that will cradle the new handset.
According to the report, this is a new design, and one that is very different from what has already been seen for other brands. The new HTC One's first-party case features what appear to be tiny holes all over the screen in front. These holes will be lighted up by notifications, and @evleaks features concept photos that show off the HTC One M8 lighting up with notifications on the time.
Apart from notifications, it seems that simple messages can also appear on the dotted screen. The design is pretty straightforward, with the holes allowing the light from the screen to illuminate the notifications.
This is a pretty good take on the easy checking of notifications, as you don't have to open the case unless you need to reply or operate the handset. In addition, the entire screen is protected by the material of the case.
The source also cites three more colours, as leaked by @evleaks, so the holed HTC One M8 case may come in blue, orange and green, apart from the standard black.
Lastly, for those who want the Google Play Edition of the handset, @evleaks has also stated that the HTC One M8 will be offered as a Google Play Edition like the previous HTC One.
Hopefully, all of these leaks will be cleared up come the March 25 reveal event.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal