Fake HTC One M8 Already Up on Goophone, New Flip Case Features Cool See-Through Notifications
By Gel Galang | March 10, 2014 2:54 PM EST
This comes after the report of Goophone already featuring a knockoff of the Samsung Galaxy S5, just a few days after the Korean company has announced its 2014 flagship handset.
Digital Trends has spotted the Goophone version, which is being sold at $229.99, as compared to the range of £550 to £580 (roughly $920 to 950). That's a pretty far cry from the price tag that has been speculated by a number of sources.
The resemblance of the Goophone M8 to the HTC One M8 goes beyond the very indiscreet naming alone, as the overall design bears pretty weight resemblance. However, quality-wise for the specs, there are very startling differences.
The Goophone M8 has a 5-inch FHD 1080p screen with 1920x1080 pixel display, 1 GB or RAM with expandable microSD, 1.7 GHz MediaTek octa-core processor, a 12.6-megapixel rear and 5-megapixel front camera with the latter equipped with LED flash light, and the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
The specs of the Goophone M8 are too far from the original HTC One M8, perhaps the very reason why the pricing is also a far cry from the original, but it's better to be aware of these kinds of knockoffs that are out in the market.
Colourful, see-through and cool flip cases
With the release date for the HTC One M8 supposedly coming in on March 25 at the New York event, more leaks relate to the device have sprung up.
This new one is spotted by Android Police over at @evleaks, and instead of a leak on the actual HTC One M8 handset, the focus is on the unique case that will cradle the new handset.
According to the report, this is a new design, and one that is very different from what has already been seen for other brands. The new HTC One's first-party case features what appear to be tiny holes all over the screen in front. These holes will be lighted up by notifications, and @evleaks features concept photos that show off the HTC One M8 lighting up with notifications on the time.
Apart from notifications, it seems that simple messages can also appear on the dotted screen. The design is pretty straightforward, with the holes allowing the light from the screen to illuminate the notifications.
This is a pretty good take on the easy checking of notifications, as you don't have to open the case unless you need to reply or operate the handset. In addition, the entire screen is protected by the material of the case.
The source also cites three more colours, as leaked by @evleaks, so the holed HTC One M8 case may come in blue, orange and green, apart from the standard black.
Lastly, for those who want the Google Play Edition of the handset, @evleaks has also stated that the HTC One M8 will be offered as a Google Play Edition like the previous HTC One.
Hopefully, all of these leaks will be cleared up come the March 25 reveal event.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’