PS4 News: Sony Reveals GDC Schedule and Gaikai Web Site Updates
By Gel Galang | March 10, 2014 2:31 PM EST
With only a week left before the Game Developers Conference happens from March 17 to 21 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, Sony has already announced its lineup of booths and Sony Computer Entertainment developers, programmers and the entire crew of experts who will be talking on different topics during the event.
Sony will have four sponsored sessions, three of which will be centered on the PS4. On March 19, there will be two talks on the PS4, "Creating unique interactive experiences with the PlayStation 4" with Chris Norden. This is an interesting panel in the sense that there will be discussions on new input devices for the PS4.
With speculations of the PS4 VR headset coming to the GDC 2014, it would be interesting to note that this could be one of the sessions where that will be discussed, especialy with the mention of new devices and interactive services.
Indie development and F2P on the PS4 discussions will also be featured on March 19 and 20. Other PS4-related talks are featured in the lineup, with focus on games like inFamous: Second Son, The Last of Us and Killzone: Shadow Fall, to name a few.
Check out the full lineup of panel and session schedules over at the PlayStation official web site.
Gaikai web site shows off UI, developments
Sony has been very vocal about its plans to take gaming to the cloud, though it had not been as online-aggressive as Microsoft was about its cloud power.
But now, Gaikai is slowly penetrating the gaming scene, as DualShockers spotted the new updates that the official web site of the service has featured. According to the report, the Gaikai web site now features Sony and the partnership in the timeline, the words PlayStation Now finally appearing, despite the lack of very evident title change.
In the last entry of the timeline in the Gaikai's history page, the PlayStation Now UI can be seen featuring games like The Last if Us, Uncharted 3, and Far Cry 3. So far, there are no teased hints on the timeline as to the next steps, but it's pretty clear that this is a work in progress, and one where the Gaikai will be adding more inputs as the PlayStation Now is revealed more and more in the coming months.
You can check out the Gaikai web site here.
Read more gaming and tech news here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports