Apple Release Round Up: iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 Fall Release plus Top Killer Features to Expect
By Precious Silva | March 10, 2014 1:57 PM EST
Apple will be releasing a number of refreshed products for 2014 including the new iPhone 6 and the iPad Air. According to recent information, the tech giant has been pumping up production to ensure product release makes it on September. With the new iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 headed to stores in fall, what can people expect? Can they be any better deals than their predecessors?
The gold colored version of the new iPhone 5S is seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
The latest information about Apple's upcoming products suggest people should expect a new iPhone and iPad sometime this fall. According to the Wall Street Journal, Apple has been on a hiring spree to boost its iPhone production.
The tech giant wants to speed up its product development process in Taiwan and China.
"People familiar with the matter said the Cupertino, Calif., company is hiring engineers from rival smartphone maker HTC Corp. and other Taiwanese tech firms to build up teams in Shanghai and Taipei."
The aggressive hiring move indicates Apple's goal in cramming two larger-screen iPhones for this year. Analysts also think that Apple wants to have more product releases similar to competitors like Samsung. The Wall Street Journal also obtained a recruiting email from Apple indicating:
"Apple is building an engineering team in Taipei to drive new iPhone product development." According to reports, people can expect the following features on the next iPhone 6:
- Two variants: 4-inch and 5-inch for a smartphone and phablet selection
- Bezel-free design
- Remote-user interface - users may control the device through gestures from a distance
- Sapphire glass
People will have to wait for Apple's final announcement about the features of the iPhone 6. Tablet PC Reviews also reported that the next iPad Air 2 may be released this fall. Analysts think Apple will follow a similar timeline to the previous release of the iPad Air. According to latest information, the new air will feature an Apple A8 processor. It will be a faster version of the A7 chip found on the iPad Mini Retina and the iPad Air. Apple may also explore putting the fingerprint scanner on the tablet. People will have to wait for the official announcement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft