Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini: Samsung Unveils Value Edition with Faster Processor, Already Available in Netherlands
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 10, 2014 12:52 PM EST
South Korean technology giant Samsung successfully launched the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini in 2012 and now the company has released another version of the device called the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini "Value Edition." Consumers who wish to get their hands on the "Value Edition" will be able to experience enhanced device specifications such as the slightly faster processor and a better operating system.
The Phones Review report claims the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition is already available in Netherlands with the price tag approximately at €180 (US$250). The Value Edition device may still have the same Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini features and specs but the improvements on the device include the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS and the 1.2GHz dual-core Cortex A9 processor.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini "Value Edition" features and specs include the 4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen with WVGA display at 800x480p resolution, 1GB of RAM, 5MP rear-facing autofocus camera, a VGA front-facing camera, 720p HD video recording capability at 30fps, 8GB of internal storage capacity that can be expanded through the available microSD card slot and a 1500mAh Li-Ion battery.
Other features and specs listed in the Droid Guy report are the quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support, 14.4 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n support, DLNA and Wi-Fi hotspot, GPS with A-GPS connectivity, a digital compass, accelerometer, gyroscope and proximity sensor, standard 3.5 mm audio jack, microUSB port, stereo Bluetooth v3.0 and FM radio with RDS.
Can the faster processor and enhanced OS in the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition attract the consumers to purchase the device? The original Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini only used the lower 1GHz dual core Cortex-A9 CPU and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.
"Samsung is striving hard to gather the attention of the people by introducing novel features into smartphones in the low range. Samsung series was appearing to be older now in comparison to the Galaxy series. The launch of the update of the Galaxy S III Mini in Value Edition is another big step forward towards proving this evidence," the Eastern Tribune report reads. Details on the Value Edition's availability in other markets are still unknown but it is expected that the device will be available as well in other countries.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air