Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini: Samsung Unveils Value Edition with Faster Processor, Already Available in Netherlands
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 10, 2014 12:52 PM EST
South Korean technology giant Samsung successfully launched the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini in 2012 and now the company has released another version of the device called the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini "Value Edition." Consumers who wish to get their hands on the "Value Edition" will be able to experience enhanced device specifications such as the slightly faster processor and a better operating system.
The Phones Review report claims the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition is already available in Netherlands with the price tag approximately at €180 (US$250). The Value Edition device may still have the same Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini features and specs but the improvements on the device include the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS and the 1.2GHz dual-core Cortex A9 processor.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini "Value Edition" features and specs include the 4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen with WVGA display at 800x480p resolution, 1GB of RAM, 5MP rear-facing autofocus camera, a VGA front-facing camera, 720p HD video recording capability at 30fps, 8GB of internal storage capacity that can be expanded through the available microSD card slot and a 1500mAh Li-Ion battery.
Other features and specs listed in the Droid Guy report are the quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support, 14.4 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n support, DLNA and Wi-Fi hotspot, GPS with A-GPS connectivity, a digital compass, accelerometer, gyroscope and proximity sensor, standard 3.5 mm audio jack, microUSB port, stereo Bluetooth v3.0 and FM radio with RDS.
Can the faster processor and enhanced OS in the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition attract the consumers to purchase the device? The original Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini only used the lower 1GHz dual core Cortex-A9 CPU and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.
"Samsung is striving hard to gather the attention of the people by introducing novel features into smartphones in the low range. Samsung series was appearing to be older now in comparison to the Galaxy series. The launch of the update of the Galaxy S III Mini in Value Edition is another big step forward towards proving this evidence," the Eastern Tribune report reads. Details on the Value Edition's availability in other markets are still unknown but it is expected that the device will be available as well in other countries.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Motorola Nexus 6 Hidden LED Light: How To Enable It Using Light Flow Android Application
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013