Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini: Samsung Unveils Value Edition with Faster Processor, Already Available in Netherlands
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 10, 2014 12:52 PM EST
South Korean technology giant Samsung successfully launched the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini in 2012 and now the company has released another version of the device called the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini "Value Edition." Consumers who wish to get their hands on the "Value Edition" will be able to experience enhanced device specifications such as the slightly faster processor and a better operating system.
The Phones Review report claims the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition is already available in Netherlands with the price tag approximately at €180 (US$250). The Value Edition device may still have the same Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini features and specs but the improvements on the device include the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS and the 1.2GHz dual-core Cortex A9 processor.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini "Value Edition" features and specs include the 4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen with WVGA display at 800x480p resolution, 1GB of RAM, 5MP rear-facing autofocus camera, a VGA front-facing camera, 720p HD video recording capability at 30fps, 8GB of internal storage capacity that can be expanded through the available microSD card slot and a 1500mAh Li-Ion battery.
Other features and specs listed in the Droid Guy report are the quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support, 14.4 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n support, DLNA and Wi-Fi hotspot, GPS with A-GPS connectivity, a digital compass, accelerometer, gyroscope and proximity sensor, standard 3.5 mm audio jack, microUSB port, stereo Bluetooth v3.0 and FM radio with RDS.
Can the faster processor and enhanced OS in the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition attract the consumers to purchase the device? The original Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini only used the lower 1GHz dual core Cortex-A9 CPU and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.
"Samsung is striving hard to gather the attention of the people by introducing novel features into smartphones in the low range. Samsung series was appearing to be older now in comparison to the Galaxy series. The launch of the update of the Galaxy S III Mini in Value Edition is another big step forward towards proving this evidence," the Eastern Tribune report reads. Details on the Value Edition's availability in other markets are still unknown but it is expected that the device will be available as well in other countries.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- SIMS 4 Missing Contents To Be Added Via DLC and New Details Unveiled From Livestream
- 5 Free Apps For Smartphones That Can Help Make You Look Beautiful
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares