Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini: Samsung Unveils Value Edition with Faster Processor, Already Available in Netherlands
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 10, 2014 12:52 PM EST
South Korean technology giant Samsung successfully launched the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini in 2012 and now the company has released another version of the device called the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini "Value Edition." Consumers who wish to get their hands on the "Value Edition" will be able to experience enhanced device specifications such as the slightly faster processor and a better operating system.
The Phones Review report claims the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition is already available in Netherlands with the price tag approximately at €180 (US$250). The Value Edition device may still have the same Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini features and specs but the improvements on the device include the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS and the 1.2GHz dual-core Cortex A9 processor.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini "Value Edition" features and specs include the 4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen with WVGA display at 800x480p resolution, 1GB of RAM, 5MP rear-facing autofocus camera, a VGA front-facing camera, 720p HD video recording capability at 30fps, 8GB of internal storage capacity that can be expanded through the available microSD card slot and a 1500mAh Li-Ion battery.
Other features and specs listed in the Droid Guy report are the quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support, 14.4 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n support, DLNA and Wi-Fi hotspot, GPS with A-GPS connectivity, a digital compass, accelerometer, gyroscope and proximity sensor, standard 3.5 mm audio jack, microUSB port, stereo Bluetooth v3.0 and FM radio with RDS.
Can the faster processor and enhanced OS in the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition attract the consumers to purchase the device? The original Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini only used the lower 1GHz dual core Cortex-A9 CPU and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.
"Samsung is striving hard to gather the attention of the people by introducing novel features into smartphones in the low range. Samsung series was appearing to be older now in comparison to the Galaxy series. The launch of the update of the Galaxy S III Mini in Value Edition is another big step forward towards proving this evidence," the Eastern Tribune report reads. Details on the Value Edition's availability in other markets are still unknown but it is expected that the device will be available as well in other countries.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia Martini: Windows Phone Blue Handset To Appear at Nokia's April 19 Event? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny' Leaks Reveal Redesigned Ships, New Armour, Sparrow Shaders
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight