'Hips Don't Lie' Shakira Talks Controlling Boyfriend Gerard Pique, Dancing with Rihanna, Cute Son Milan
By Annie Dee | March 10, 2014 12:44 PM EST
Shakira claims she has been dancing since the moment she was born and her hips don't lie, but only around women now. The "Hips Don't Lie" singer and 37-year old "Voice" Coach shared that she is in a dancing mood all the time, but admitted she cannot do what she uses to do anymore. Gerard Pique for one, does not want any part of her swaying hips anywhere near men.
Shakira shared this about Pique to Billboard's March 2014 issue, US Weekly revealed, "He's very territorial, and since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women. It's more than implied in our relationship that I can't do videos like I used to."
Asks if this can be a problem, the Shakira says no. Shakira pertains to Pique, "I like that he protects his turf and he values me, in a way that the only person that he would ever let graze my thigh would be Rihanna." This answers the questions raised by her controversial music video with Rihanna for her song, "Can't Remember to Forget You," US Weekly reports.
And because her son Milan is just two months old, she admits part of her would love just to stay at home. She shares that she feels conflicted between work and family.
"For so long I decided to have what I have now, this family, that it's logical for me to feel divided. A part of me - well, all of me - wants to be with them all the time and be a housewife," shared Shakira in an intervew with Billboard, adding, "But there's another part of me that still wants to make music and that's still pleased with success. I won't deny it. I know it sometimes sounds almost immoral to admit you like success, but I like it -- I like it."
Stopping and taking a break however seem out of question for now. The Spanish singer is already working on a new album and is very busy with "The Voice." She herself shared that its impossible for her not to be on the move all the time.
"I think that I've been dancing since the moment I was born," said Shakira in the April Issue of Women's Health, NY Daily News reports. "That's an exaggeration, of course, but I think it's such a cultural thing too. In Colombia, people dance. It's what you do."
This explains why after giving birth to his son, her body has already reverted back to its sexy form in just a matter of months.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2