'Hips Don't Lie' Shakira Talks Controlling Boyfriend Gerard Pique, Dancing with Rihanna, Cute Son Milan
By Annie Dee | March 10, 2014 12:44 PM EST
Shakira claims she has been dancing since the moment she was born and her hips don't lie, but only around women now. The "Hips Don't Lie" singer and 37-year old "Voice" Coach shared that she is in a dancing mood all the time, but admitted she cannot do what she uses to do anymore. Gerard Pique for one, does not want any part of her swaying hips anywhere near men.
Shakira shared this about Pique to Billboard's March 2014 issue, US Weekly revealed, "He's very territorial, and since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women. It's more than implied in our relationship that I can't do videos like I used to."
Asks if this can be a problem, the Shakira says no. Shakira pertains to Pique, "I like that he protects his turf and he values me, in a way that the only person that he would ever let graze my thigh would be Rihanna." This answers the questions raised by her controversial music video with Rihanna for her song, "Can't Remember to Forget You," US Weekly reports.
And because her son Milan is just two months old, she admits part of her would love just to stay at home. She shares that she feels conflicted between work and family.
"For so long I decided to have what I have now, this family, that it's logical for me to feel divided. A part of me - well, all of me - wants to be with them all the time and be a housewife," shared Shakira in an intervew with Billboard, adding, "But there's another part of me that still wants to make music and that's still pleased with success. I won't deny it. I know it sometimes sounds almost immoral to admit you like success, but I like it -- I like it."
Stopping and taking a break however seem out of question for now. The Spanish singer is already working on a new album and is very busy with "The Voice." She herself shared that its impossible for her not to be on the move all the time.
"I think that I've been dancing since the moment I was born," said Shakira in the April Issue of Women's Health, NY Daily News reports. "That's an exaggeration, of course, but I think it's such a cultural thing too. In Colombia, people dance. It's what you do."
This explains why after giving birth to his son, her body has already reverted back to its sexy form in just a matter of months.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales