'Hips Don't Lie' Shakira Talks Controlling Boyfriend Gerard Pique, Dancing with Rihanna, Cute Son Milan
By Annie Dee | March 10, 2014 12:44 PM EST
Shakira claims she has been dancing since the moment she was born and her hips don't lie, but only around women now. The "Hips Don't Lie" singer and 37-year old "Voice" Coach shared that she is in a dancing mood all the time, but admitted she cannot do what she uses to do anymore. Gerard Pique for one, does not want any part of her swaying hips anywhere near men.
Shakira shared this about Pique to Billboard's March 2014 issue, US Weekly revealed, "He's very territorial, and since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women. It's more than implied in our relationship that I can't do videos like I used to."
Asks if this can be a problem, the Shakira says no. Shakira pertains to Pique, "I like that he protects his turf and he values me, in a way that the only person that he would ever let graze my thigh would be Rihanna." This answers the questions raised by her controversial music video with Rihanna for her song, "Can't Remember to Forget You," US Weekly reports.
And because her son Milan is just two months old, she admits part of her would love just to stay at home. She shares that she feels conflicted between work and family.
"For so long I decided to have what I have now, this family, that it's logical for me to feel divided. A part of me - well, all of me - wants to be with them all the time and be a housewife," shared Shakira in an intervew with Billboard, adding, "But there's another part of me that still wants to make music and that's still pleased with success. I won't deny it. I know it sometimes sounds almost immoral to admit you like success, but I like it -- I like it."
Stopping and taking a break however seem out of question for now. The Spanish singer is already working on a new album and is very busy with "The Voice." She herself shared that its impossible for her not to be on the move all the time.
"I think that I've been dancing since the moment I was born," said Shakira in the April Issue of Women's Health, NY Daily News reports. "That's an exaggeration, of course, but I think it's such a cultural thing too. In Colombia, people dance. It's what you do."
This explains why after giving birth to his son, her body has already reverted back to its sexy form in just a matter of months.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015