My Boyfriend is My Favourite Male Tennis Player, Says Maria Sharapova
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 10, 2014 12:33 PM EST
Who is Maria Sharapova a great fan of? Well, Sharapova reveals that she is a great fan of, no other than her boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov. The top-ranked Bulgarian tennis star can thank his lucky stars for not only having a beautiful girlfriend in Sharapova, but a supportive girlfriend as well.
Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria gives the thumbs up after defeating Michael Llodra of France in their opening round match at the Paris Masters men's singles tennis tournament at the Palais Omnisports of Bercy in Paris, October 29, 2013. Credit: Reuters/Charles Platiau
Sharapova Q&A at La Quinta. Max asks, "Who's your fave male tennis player?" After some banter, "I think they know. Grigor is my favorite."— Maria Noble (@thedoublebagel) March 6, 2014
During the Mexican Open, Sharapova's relationship with Dimitrov was rumoured to be on the rocks after he was seen with rising tennis star Canadian Eugenie Bouchard in an exhibition match held for the said tournament. However, nothing is confirmed as rumours are merely hearsays and gossips.
Though Sharapova and Dimitrov do not spend a lot of time together because of their busy respective careers, they devote quality time for each other whenever they can. Sharapova, when she isn't busy with her tennis career and other side hustles, she even supports Dimitrov on his tennis tournaments. She was seen cheering him on his tournaments in Aegon and Wimbledon. It can be a big commitment for two athletes to be in a romantic relationship but as long as they are loyal and show support to each other, they can stand the test of time.
Sharapova and Dimitrov at Indian Wells BNP Paribas Open 2014
Both Sharapova and Dimitrov are participants in the 2014 BNP Paribas Open or also known as the Indian Wells. The Russian tennis hottie competed in her first match on March 8 when she won over Julia Goerges in two straight sets with the final score of 6-1, 6-4. Sharapova was seeded fourth in the tournament.
Dimitrov, on the other hand, will compete with Robin Haase in the second round of the 2014 BNP Paribas Open. Dimitrov's 2014 season looks promising. He reached his first-ever Grand Slam quarterfinal before losing to top-ranked player Rafael Nadal in the 2014 Australian Open. Then, Dimitrov took home the Mexican Open title by beating South Africa's Kevin Anderson.
Sharapova and Dimitrov's career leave them with very little time to spend with each other, but now that they are playing for the same tournament, maybe they can steal some time to hang out with each other.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'