‘Supernatural’ Spin-Off Changes Title From ‘Tribes’ To ‘Bloodlines,’ Adds Melissa Roxburgh In Cast
By Anne Lu | March 10, 2014 11:59 AM EST
“Supernatural” has scrapped its “Tribes” spin-off. Instead, the follow-on series will be titled “Supernatural: Bloodlines,” and will star actress Melissa Roxburgh along with previously announced cast British actor Lucien Laviscount and Australian actor Nathaniel Buzolic.
As was announced in 2013, the CW series would be developing a spin-off, which would focus on clashes between groups of hunters and monsters in Chicago.
It was originally titled “Supernatural: Tribes,” but apparently, that wasn’t catchy enough. It has been renamed “Supernatural: Bloodlines,” according to The Hollywood Reporter, though no explanation was given.
The new show will air as a backdoor plot on the April 29 episode of its parent series, and is described as a “sweeping drama about the various mafia-esque monster families that unknowingly to humans ‘run’ the underbelly of Chicago and who are being tracked by a newly minted Hunter who is trying to stop them and rid Chicago of anything or anyone supernatural.”
Roxburgh has also been announced to join the cast. She will play Violet, a member of a powerful werewolf pack who hides her true nature because of her illicit love affair with David (Buzolic), who is from a rival family.
Roxburgh appeared on another CW series, “Arrow,” and had a one-episode guest spot on “Supernatural” in 2012.
Apart from Buzolic and Laviscount, she also joins Danielle Savre and Stephen Martines in the series.
Andrew Dabb created the spin-off, andw ill also pen the script, while director McG will executive produce along with Robert Singer, Jeremy Carver, and “Supernatural” creator Eric Kripke.
“Supernatural,” starring Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, and Misha Collins, is currently airing its ninth season, and will be back for tenth.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date