‘Supernatural’ Spin-Off Changes Title From ‘Tribes’ To ‘Bloodlines,’ Adds Melissa Roxburgh In Cast
By Anne Lu | March 10, 2014 11:59 AM EST
“Supernatural” has scrapped its “Tribes” spin-off. Instead, the follow-on series will be titled “Supernatural: Bloodlines,” and will star actress Melissa Roxburgh along with previously announced cast British actor Lucien Laviscount and Australian actor Nathaniel Buzolic.
As was announced in 2013, the CW series would be developing a spin-off, which would focus on clashes between groups of hunters and monsters in Chicago.
It was originally titled “Supernatural: Tribes,” but apparently, that wasn’t catchy enough. It has been renamed “Supernatural: Bloodlines,” according to The Hollywood Reporter, though no explanation was given.
The new show will air as a backdoor plot on the April 29 episode of its parent series, and is described as a “sweeping drama about the various mafia-esque monster families that unknowingly to humans ‘run’ the underbelly of Chicago and who are being tracked by a newly minted Hunter who is trying to stop them and rid Chicago of anything or anyone supernatural.”
Roxburgh has also been announced to join the cast. She will play Violet, a member of a powerful werewolf pack who hides her true nature because of her illicit love affair with David (Buzolic), who is from a rival family.
Roxburgh appeared on another CW series, “Arrow,” and had a one-episode guest spot on “Supernatural” in 2012.
Apart from Buzolic and Laviscount, she also joins Danielle Savre and Stephen Martines in the series.
Andrew Dabb created the spin-off, andw ill also pen the script, while director McG will executive produce along with Robert Singer, Jeremy Carver, and “Supernatural” creator Eric Kripke.
“Supernatural,” starring Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, and Misha Collins, is currently airing its ninth season, and will be back for tenth.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]