‘Supernatural’ Spin-Off Changes Title From ‘Tribes’ To ‘Bloodlines,’ Adds Melissa Roxburgh In Cast
By Anne Lu | March 10, 2014 11:59 AM EST
“Supernatural” has scrapped its “Tribes” spin-off. Instead, the follow-on series will be titled “Supernatural: Bloodlines,” and will star actress Melissa Roxburgh along with previously announced cast British actor Lucien Laviscount and Australian actor Nathaniel Buzolic.
As was announced in 2013, the CW series would be developing a spin-off, which would focus on clashes between groups of hunters and monsters in Chicago.
It was originally titled “Supernatural: Tribes,” but apparently, that wasn’t catchy enough. It has been renamed “Supernatural: Bloodlines,” according to The Hollywood Reporter, though no explanation was given.
The new show will air as a backdoor plot on the April 29 episode of its parent series, and is described as a “sweeping drama about the various mafia-esque monster families that unknowingly to humans ‘run’ the underbelly of Chicago and who are being tracked by a newly minted Hunter who is trying to stop them and rid Chicago of anything or anyone supernatural.”
Roxburgh has also been announced to join the cast. She will play Violet, a member of a powerful werewolf pack who hides her true nature because of her illicit love affair with David (Buzolic), who is from a rival family.
Roxburgh appeared on another CW series, “Arrow,” and had a one-episode guest spot on “Supernatural” in 2012.
Apart from Buzolic and Laviscount, she also joins Danielle Savre and Stephen Martines in the series.
Andrew Dabb created the spin-off, andw ill also pen the script, while director McG will executive produce along with Robert Singer, Jeremy Carver, and “Supernatural” creator Eric Kripke.
“Supernatural,” starring Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, and Misha Collins, is currently airing its ninth season, and will be back for tenth.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones