‘Supernatural’ Spin-Off Changes Title From ‘Tribes’ To ‘Bloodlines,’ Adds Melissa Roxburgh In Cast
By Anne Lu | March 10, 2014 11:59 AM EST
“Supernatural” has scrapped its “Tribes” spin-off. Instead, the follow-on series will be titled “Supernatural: Bloodlines,” and will star actress Melissa Roxburgh along with previously announced cast British actor Lucien Laviscount and Australian actor Nathaniel Buzolic.
As was announced in 2013, the CW series would be developing a spin-off, which would focus on clashes between groups of hunters and monsters in Chicago.
It was originally titled “Supernatural: Tribes,” but apparently, that wasn’t catchy enough. It has been renamed “Supernatural: Bloodlines,” according to The Hollywood Reporter, though no explanation was given.
The new show will air as a backdoor plot on the April 29 episode of its parent series, and is described as a “sweeping drama about the various mafia-esque monster families that unknowingly to humans ‘run’ the underbelly of Chicago and who are being tracked by a newly minted Hunter who is trying to stop them and rid Chicago of anything or anyone supernatural.”
Roxburgh has also been announced to join the cast. She will play Violet, a member of a powerful werewolf pack who hides her true nature because of her illicit love affair with David (Buzolic), who is from a rival family.
Roxburgh appeared on another CW series, “Arrow,” and had a one-episode guest spot on “Supernatural” in 2012.
Apart from Buzolic and Laviscount, she also joins Danielle Savre and Stephen Martines in the series.
Andrew Dabb created the spin-off, andw ill also pen the script, while director McG will executive produce along with Robert Singer, Jeremy Carver, and “Supernatural” creator Eric Kripke.
“Supernatural,” starring Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, and Misha Collins, is currently airing its ninth season, and will be back for tenth.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’