‘Supernatural’ Spin-Off Changes Title From ‘Tribes’ To ‘Bloodlines,’ Adds Melissa Roxburgh In Cast
By Anne Lu | March 10, 2014 11:59 AM EST
“Supernatural” has scrapped its “Tribes” spin-off. Instead, the follow-on series will be titled “Supernatural: Bloodlines,” and will star actress Melissa Roxburgh along with previously announced cast British actor Lucien Laviscount and Australian actor Nathaniel Buzolic.
As was announced in 2013, the CW series would be developing a spin-off, which would focus on clashes between groups of hunters and monsters in Chicago.
It was originally titled “Supernatural: Tribes,” but apparently, that wasn’t catchy enough. It has been renamed “Supernatural: Bloodlines,” according to The Hollywood Reporter, though no explanation was given.
The new show will air as a backdoor plot on the April 29 episode of its parent series, and is described as a “sweeping drama about the various mafia-esque monster families that unknowingly to humans ‘run’ the underbelly of Chicago and who are being tracked by a newly minted Hunter who is trying to stop them and rid Chicago of anything or anyone supernatural.”
Roxburgh has also been announced to join the cast. She will play Violet, a member of a powerful werewolf pack who hides her true nature because of her illicit love affair with David (Buzolic), who is from a rival family.
Roxburgh appeared on another CW series, “Arrow,” and had a one-episode guest spot on “Supernatural” in 2012.
Apart from Buzolic and Laviscount, she also joins Danielle Savre and Stephen Martines in the series.
Andrew Dabb created the spin-off, andw ill also pen the script, while director McG will executive produce along with Robert Singer, Jeremy Carver, and “Supernatural” creator Eric Kripke.
“Supernatural,” starring Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, and Misha Collins, is currently airing its ninth season, and will be back for tenth.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan