Interrupted DOTA Game Causes 17-Year-Old to Kill Granny (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 10, 2014 10:12 AM EST
Visitors play a Playstation 4 at the Sony exhibition stand during the Gamescom 2013 in Cologne in this August 21, 2013 file photo. More U.S. Shoppers prefer Sony Corp's upcoming PlayStation 4 than Microsoft Corp's Xbox One, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll, as the industry's two leading videogame console makers prepare to do battle this holiday season. REUTERS/Ina Fassbender/Files (GERMANY - Tags: BUSINESS ENTERTAINMENT)
In February, many people believed a hoax story that a Chicago teen killed his brother for getting a high score on Flappy Birds. The story seemed so credible because in real life there have been incidents of people killing their own siblings or relatives over winged creatures.
This time, it's for real. ABS-CBN reports that a 17-year-old Filipino killed his own grandmother, who raised him from childhood because his parents are separated, for interrupting his Defense of the Ancients (DOTA) game on Friday night.
Police Officer 3 Jaime de Jesus said the 68-year-old woman died on the spot due to wounds sustained on her head, neck and chest, while she also had wounds on her arms as she tried to defend herself from the attack. Two crustal vases were used in the attack.
Reports said the granny, Estelita Novilla, fetched her grandson at 6 pm at a computer shop where he was playing the popular computer game. Upon reaching their home at Batasan Hills, she scolded him which provoked the attack.
The police said the teen told them he blacked out and he remembers only cleaning the pool of blood caused by the attack. The washbasin used for cleaning the mess was found beside his grandmother's body.
The teen went to his aunt's house after and confessed to his crime, which prompted the aunt, Editha Novilla, to call village officials and the police. He is now in the custody of social workers. Despite the family's disinterest, police said they will file parricide charges against the erring youth who often skipped classes before he eventually dropped out of school.
His delinquent ways appears to be the reason why his grandmother nagged him often.
In June 2013, a rapper named Lil Snupe was allegedly killed over a video game.
YouTube/TNN Raw Uncut
Fox News tackled the impact of violent games in this report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report